On the first day we arrived, we were greeted very warmly. Sandy @ the restaurant made us feel right at home and the food was simply delicious. What struck us both as completely weird and why we choose to give it three stars is because:
1) we reserved a room and were told later(via email) that since the house keeping person was taking a day off on christmas, we should take another room because she wouldn't be available to clean it out for them. that wouldn't have been so weird if the person who booked the room showed up. weird!
2) the room we got shifted into had a dysfunctional heater. it kept blowing cold air and after we tried alerting them several times, they stopped by and made an attempt to get it fixed. they said that we could move over to another empty room if it didn't get fixed in the next half hour. so we sat cuddled close to each other and froze for half hour until we decided to shift. it was freezing when we left for the other room. i sent an email telling them we shifted and i got a reply saying - it's holiday time so doesn't look like anybody will call in for the room you shifted in to, so it's great that you shifted. 'what was that?' my senses asked me. to which i replied, i'm sorry if someone does call in but if you could please fix the heater in the other room, we'd gladly move back in. what i wanted to say though was this - i did not ask for another room, i want what i paid for which is a room which has a basic amenity i.e. heating. secondly, i would've appreciated if you responded quicker instead of letting us freeze for so long but since I didn't make a big deal out of it, i would've appreciated if you didn't make me feel like i was taking advantage of you or had an ulterior motive. thirdly, let's say somebody did call in that night and you lost a customer, you still have no right to tell me that you lost business because of us. you lost business because of you. so i'm surprised you had the audacity to tell me that you're glad i shifted to another room just because it's holiday time and you weren't expecting anyone anyway. fix your heater!!! weird.
3) in the morning, the housekeeping person were very kind to stop by and check on us. we also got to meet her adorable little daughter so we were up and happy again. it only takes that much to keep my husband and me happy. :-) we're pretty content people and easy to please! but we don't like freezing rooms and we also don't like when we're made to feel as though moving to another room was out of choice. weird.
weirdness apart, the food we ate was probably the best we've eaten. so good! wow! everybody should eat at this hotel once in their lifetime! :-) i hope my review helps convey negative feedback to those concerned and helps all you travelers get a peek into what we experienced and make a choice. thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brick Hotel On The Circle is a circa 1836 National Historic property that underwent a total restoration in 2008. It was restored to its original use as an Inn with 14 guest rooms with private baths, and each is uniquely furnished with antique beds. Located in the small, historic town of Georgetown, Delaware, we are within 15 miles of resort areas and shopping outlets in Lewes & Rehoboth Beach. Each of our rooms is uniquely different, with rates ranging from $99 - $169/night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Brick Hotel On The Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.