“3 visits and counting!”

The Southern Grill of Ellendale
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ellendale
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our first visit was for lunch. I had crab soup which was delicious. My husband had chicken strips, mashed potatoes and lima beans. Everything had a homemade flavor. Large portions also.
We have had breakfast there a few times. Can't beat it. Their French toast is so wonderfully flavorful, you don't need syrup. Bacon thick and delicious and sausage is great also.
Oh yes, I had an apple dumpling...oh my...looking forward to our next visit; so many items to try!
If you are heading to the beaches in Delaware, do stop by. You can't beat the price and you won't be disappointed with the meal.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Last week my husband and I ate at the Southern Grill for the 3rd time. I had the lima bean and dumpling soup and my husband had the crab soup. I had the catfish platter fried, and he had the blacken catfish patter. Each came with 2 sides. I took home a piece of of pecan pie. I was too full to eat it there. Always have a good meal and and you can't beat the great pies. Mr. White the owner, stopped by our table to ask how everything was. A nice, cozy atmosphere with plenty of table. Our server was friendly and we didn't have to wait long for our meal. We will go back again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was the first time i was asked how I wanted my crab prepared. Grilled not fried. Excellent sandwich, fries and slaw. But save room for dessert.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast one very rainy morning and were surprised at both the service (friendly) and the food (very good). It is definitely a "locals place", every single person checked us out as we walked to our table, but once they figured that we were strangers, they all went back to their food/ conversations. I would like to return for lunch or dinner, though, as the case of baked goods held an assortment of pies, cakes, and a pumpkin roll that looked like a bit of heaven.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Southern Grill is on Rt. 16 in Ellendale, DE. If you're heading from Lewes, Rehobeth Beach, etc. you may already know this cutoff if you're headed for D.C. or Northern Virginia. You have to slow down in Ellendale anyway, so stop at this funky little spot. They've been there for years and we passed by it 50 times before we planned to stop. What a delightful find! A nice, clean little place with very pleasant old-fashioned waitresses. The menu is huge with all fresh cooked, locally grown (when possible) veggies... delicious Southern cooking. We had the fried chicken and it was super. Great side dishes that actually tasted better than we hoped. A huge selection of home made pies and cakes for dessert. All this at Ellendale prices. They're open for breakfast lunch and dinner. Try it and let us all know how you liked it!

1  Thank Gary H