“Not any ole comfort Inn”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had training at Wentworth Douglas and stayed on a Tuesday and Wednesday night- and all I can say is WOW....Our room was clean and had no issues with staff...I was very impressed with the breakfast with lots of choices but what really shocked me was the free dinner they offer on Wednesday nights only..Choices were chicken wings, mac and cheese, beef stew , beer, wine,cheese and crackers, ect..It deffinatly is a extra that you do not see at any other hotel. And the free cookies at night were the ending touch ! Its not Buckingham palace but for the price and the extras- it is above and beyond...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Was able to check in early BUT on 2nd floor, room was very nice and clean and obviously recently reinvated, came back hours later and was able to get room on 1st floor, which I had requested at time of reservation. This room was nice as well, BUT had a odor to it, and carpet was old, as well as the heat/ac unit. BUT for 1 night it was ok, breakfast was good, big variety of hot and cold food to choice from!

No problems with the front desk staff ACCEPT at 0600, heard knocking on my front door, to find out staffer was coming around with the bills! NOT COOL! Just slip it under the door like every other hotel/cruiseship, NO need to knock that early in the morning!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Upon check in I discovered the room was not vacuumed, I have photos of crumbs on the floor. I pulled back the sheets and found pubic hairs in the sheets, I have a photo of that. There was what appeared to be blood stains on sheets and pillow case. I have picture of that. A chair in the room was coming apart at a joint. I have a picture of that. I went down stairs within the hour and showed the front desk and she apologized but there was nothing she could do because house keeping was gone.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I really should have looked at reviews before staying here. I recently stayed at Comfort Suites Dover (DE402) on 9/14/2013. I got the last room available, being a whirlpool suite I anticipated a very nice room. I arrived late after an long ride on my motorcycle and went to sleep for the night. When I woke up in the morning I realized the room was in bad disrepair with mold in the shower, wallboard paper coming off, etc. When I asked the front desk what they could do, they stated I should have brought it up the night before.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Gitix
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel itself was ok. The not so friendly desk attendant wanted to charge us extra because we had an infant (normally no extra charge), but we managed to get the room at the original price. However, we noticed on our credit card bill back home that we were actually charged an 25$ extra. We wrote to the hotel for an explanation. It took them 2 weeks to return the call. The manager told me that they charged us because they were told by the clean up team that we took a "crib cover". Whatever that is, we never saw or got such an item, even less leave with it. We obviously left the one-piece crib as we got it. Manager promised to call me back first thing monday morning. One month later, no news. Customer service at Choice Hotels cleary don't want to do anything about it, they say that it's something that only the hotel management can take care of.

I can only guess that it is a deliberate strategy to cover their low prices. Being accused of stealing something is unacceptable for us, and being totally incapable to talk or listen to us only shows their lack or good will.

Go at your own risk, you won't be able to discuss or prove that you did not take something that you never got.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

After a long drive, I needed to use the restroom before checking-in. So I approached the desk attendant who refused to acknowledge my presence, instead taking a phone reservation. So I wandered down the hall to find the restroom but that surely got his attention. He yelled at me that I needed to "ask permission first". Needless to say I was upset on a few levels, the first being if he just acknowledged me in the first place, then I wouldn't have to hunt around. Then during check-in, he takes another call to make me wait there again.

I travel a lot and this has been the worst treatment that I have ever received at a hotel.

There are probably better choices for you in Dover.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank dluarca
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Got a last minute search for a holiday weekend hotel, bad idea as I know better. Anyway located a hotel with a "suite" breakfast 2* rating and a 80% customer satification rating and for a rate of $68.00 plus fees at Hwire so I went for it!

After the name was revealed I began to feel that sick in the stomach, you've been burnt feeling as I began to read all of the not so nice things reviews which were found on Tripadvisor for this hotel.

I called the hotel and requested a two bed suite and spoke with the lady of the hour receptionist noted on the prior reviews. I informed her that perhaps I would have better luck than the guest whom all were not impressed and would never return again. Perhaps I was given a better room I cannot say for sure, but I felt better after speaking with her.

The "suite" was a suite because they had a loveseat in the "sectioned" room as it was equipped with an ordinary small refrigerator and small microwave. NO stove or kitchen sink in this "suite". Just a rectangular table with one standard chair a coffee table in front of the loveseat , and of course the two queen beds and a night stand in between the beds were noted. That's it! Nothing to brag and boast about plain cherry colored closet and 42 inch LG flat screen tv a good number of channels on the menu to choose from with free internet.

Free breakfast as it should have been was very basic and not stocked well as I noticed more attention given to knives, spoons and utensils than to actually having food on hand even as the kitchen attendee watched and observed how much food was consumed by the guests, I got the impression that she was withholding food and would adjust the amount presented, especially if it were a family with children. Again the food was nothing to brag on.

The swimming pool was small and right off of the dining area. You are within walking distance from a Wendy's and Bob Evans restaurant. Would I hesitate to patrionize this hotel again, yes for the price noted only and less. I have stayed at better and a lot worse.

Room Tip: as for the view you are surrounded by restaurants and apartment complexes. Right off major highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family