“Please clean the bathrooms”

Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just checked into the Comfort Inn Dover, front desk staff, Star extremely friendly. So that is always a good start. Unfortunately, the bathroom is disgusting, someones hair is all over the bathroom floor. I was so dissappointed because this is suppose to be Dovers #2 hotel, scared to see the #3 hotel. Maybe I will dontae a broom to the housekeeping staff before I check out.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick764, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

We apologize for the hair in the bathroom; it seems the housekeeper on the 4th floor was not cleaning the bathroom properly. She was not sweeping the bathrooms, the issue has been addressed with the housekeeper on June 27, 2013 and she has swept and mopped all the bathrooms on her floor. Claire, if you had indicated the problem to Star, she would have changed your room to another floor. We apologize for the inconvenience.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Dover

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here because it was conveniently located for our route. The hotel couldn't be faulted. The pool was great for the kids, the room was great and the breakfast good. There were cookies at reception as well which always goes down well with the kids! There's also a fantastic Korean restaurant just a short walk across the Home Depot car park.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We thank you for your comments regarding your stay and your recommendation. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My Mom wanted to go to a casino for her 80th birthday so we decided to take her to Dover Downs and to stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites on Leipsic Road in Dover on May 12-13, 2013. Everything about the Comfort Inn & Suites was top notch beginning with making our reservations over the phone ("Peaches" is a peach), check-in, our rooms (clean, nice furnishings, flat screen t.v., refrigerator, microwave, comfy bedding, free WiFi), the free breakfast (eggs, sausage, yogurt, pastries, bagels, cereal, waffles, and more), friendliness of front desk staff, free coffee & tea at all hours, and the cozy lobby area. I had checked reviews for other hotels in the area including the Sheraton and the Hilton but some of the reviews turned me off. I would definitely stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Nick764, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We thank you for taking the time to post your experience regarding your stay on Tripadvisor. We wish your mother a Happy 80th birthday and hope she enjoys many more. We appreciate your comments regarding Peaches, our rooms, our staff, and our Morning breakfast. We thank you for your recommendation and hope to see you during your future trips to Dover, Delaware.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Dover, Delaware. It was my first visit to the hotel, but I can assure it won't be my last. We were warmly greeted at the front desk by Star, who was friendly and hospitable. She made me feel like I was a guest in her home. The hotel's location is just off the North Dupont Highway (U.S. Route 13). The directions on the hotel's link, through www.choicehotels.com, are spot on.

The lobby of the hotel is very striking. There are books to read and comfy chairs to relax in. There's even a little nook where someone could curl up and have a little more privacy. As someone who occasionally travels alone, I am always conscious of my environment and the safety of my accommodations. It was reassuring to find out that the only entrance to the hotel was the front door.

I've visited enough hotels to recognize the signs of a property which lacks attention. I didn't notice any of those signs at the Comfort Inn & Suites. The hallways were tidy and the elevators were clean. It was quite obvious that the housekeeping staff took pride in their work.

Our room was very nice and was immaculate and comfortable. My nephew, who accompanied me on the trip, noticed the treat waiting for us: a basket with two bottles of water and an assortment of snacks. It was a pleasant and welcome surprise.

One of the perks of staying at this hotel is that Dover Downs provides a complimentary shuttle to their location. Dover Downs is not far from the Comfort Inn & Suites, but after driving for a couple of hours - plus dealing with Friday afternoon traffic - the thought of having someone else drive was very appealing to me. As Star had suggested, we called her shortly before we left the room and headed to the lobby. We were told that it would be about 10 minutes before the shuttle arrived at the hotel. Unfortunately, the shuttle didn't arrive for almost 25 minutes. Star had phoned them twice, and apologized to us for the delay, even though the problem was clearly the fault of Dover Downs. It was a very minor glitch in our stay and certainly didn't affect our opinion of the Comfort Inn & Suites and its staff.

Breakfast was included with our room, and we enjoyed hot and cold selections in the hotel's breakfast area. A different woman was at the desk that morning and although I didn't get her name, she was as pleasant and friendly as Star. She wished us a good day as we headed for the Dover Days celebration, and even asked if we'd enjoyed ourselves when we returned. Check-out was a breeze.

I highly recommend the Comfort Inn & Suites in Dover, Delaware. The location is convenient to Dover Downs and downtown Dover, which boasts many historical landmarks and is simply beautiful. But even if you just stop in Dover for the night, the Comfort Inn & Suites can provide you with comfortable and pleasant accommodations.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor, and from the window near the elevators, we could see the Miles the Mons...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank All_Things_English

We thank you for your comments regarding our property, our location, our rooms, and our staff. We apologize for the shuttle running late; the shuttle is owned and operated by Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, during busy weekends the shuttle runs late, because they provide the service to all the hotels close to the Casino. We thank you for your recommendation and for staying with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, Delaware.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

It was the inside that impressed me most. It was a challenge to find something faulty.

It is located close to the sports arena and is a relative new and tall structure with several floors. There is a highway close by: No problem, you will not hear it!

We were met with a rather strong disinfectant odor. Not bad, but definitely not like the fresh air in Yellowstone, and it was especially pungent at the men's restroom on the ground floor. . The receptionist was above average, like someone every kids wants for a grandma. We arrived early from Rehoboth Beach, but a room was ready. Even after we had checked in, she called the room to check that everything was to our satisfaction. Such an act does not cost much and makes you feel “a valued customer”. Important!

It is one of the nicer rooms we have experienced under the Comfort brand. When I plugged in the charger to the wall socket, - it actually stayed in place. Not a first, but too often sockets appear “soggy marshland”. This was Quality! Our room was 218 (handicap) and very close to perfect in this price category. The price was $ 135, but well worth it. It was roomy, beds were immaculate, bathroom was well lit and roomy and away from the morning sun. It had “an office chair” in case you need to work. There were no stains on the carpet or on the chairs. Neither did we find used underwear like in Quality at Salt Lake City (May 2011). Delicate throughout!

Internet worked seamlessly, but you will have to log on anew each day.

There is an exercise room with water, plenty of towels, swipes to clean the equipment and water-cooler. Again, perfect! There was even some odd weighs up to 8 pounds to work out. One of the best I have seen in the Choice chain. Adjacent is a pool and a jacuzzi.

We came for the Dover Days in May. On Friday evening there was a spectacular firework, well visible from our room. It sounded a bit like when Gen. Washington crossed the Delaware River and took out his Majesty's force 3 times his own size! The main activities were on Saturday, but then we were heading south to “NCIS country”.

We chose this hotel over the gold-winning “Mainstay hotel” close to the airbase, - mainly because we feared exhaust noise from jets. This delicate Comfort hotel a definitely “a goal getter”, - i. e. to get you back as a guest! It really aspires to become a gold award winner.

Room Tip: 218 was nice
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phagerup
Nick764, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Phagerup, we are glad you had a wonderful stay with us during the May 2013 Dover Days celebration. We thank you for your factual comments regarding our bodacious property and for choosing us over the gold award winner. We thank you for your endorsement and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here over the course of several years when we go up to Dover Downs. The staff has always been friendly and the rooms are clean. On our last trip we did note that the hotel is looking like it needs a little updating. However, we will definitely stay here when we are in the area..it is only a mile or so to the casino so it is very convenient. There is a Bob Evan restaurant right in front of the hotel that has pretty good breakfasts (that's all we have ever tried).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4chismom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for one night on our way to Virginia Beach. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The pool and hot tub were nice. Convenient to shopping and attractions. The front desk clerk "Peaches" was the best! She was delightful and super pleasant!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blondie46Vermont

Blondie46Vermont, we are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites Dover. We thank you for staying with us and for your comments regarding Peaches, our rooms, and our pool. We thank you for your review regarding your stay with us and hope to see you soon.