“Good Family Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The decor is busy but exactly what you would expect with a tex-mex restaurant. We stopped for lunch and the service was attentive, a bit above average. The food was average tasting, but the portions were large and we had plenty of chips and salsa for two. The price was right for what we got and is good enough to go back for a quick lunch or inexpensive dinner. Not the best or most authentic I have had, but a solid value.

There are newer reviews for La Tolteca

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Well done. Part of a chain but all are well done. This is real Mexican food

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Have not been to this resturant in a long time. Wanted a change of pace from Chinese, Italian and just all around fast type food.

It was like we never left. The atmosphere was truely amazing and the food was great. Wait staff was excellent and the food arrived HOT!!! Not microwaved hot but fresh cooked hot.

Prices were good and the selection varied. All meals came with salsa and chips. great place to take the family. If you are in Dover and crve Mexican food. This is the place to go.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

My late brother lived in California for over 25 years, and was a great fan of Mexican food. When he moved back to Delaware, we took him here for his birthday. I was able to arrange with the hostess to have a special dessert brought out, and they made a great hoopla for him with all the staff coming around, one of them playfully putting some of the whipped cream on his nose, singing, clapping, and giving him a great time. He had a wonderful time and it was a great memory for us. For that alone I will always have fond thoughts of this restaurant. The food was not bad either. The chips were warm, the wait staff would refresh the salsa whenever asked, and our meals were pretty good. My brother had the stuffed jalapeno peppers, which he said tasted like that which he would get at the restaurants in California. I got the fajita platter, a little too much on the beans and a little too light on the meat, but still tasted fresh. It is a fun restaurant to look at, bright, recently refurbished, imagine what a Mexican style restaurant would look like at Walt Disney World, over the top but nice to look at.

5  Thank MiouMiou
Reviewed May 24, 2010

ate at these locations for years and they were very good> in the last 2 years food went down hill. Even the nacho dip had a metallic taste. The cashier asked me"' how was everything?" and before I could answer she started speaking spanish to the 2 waitresses next to her. My wife said to me "We're not going back"