“Pretty good.”

Best Western Galaxy Inn
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed August 2, 2010

In short, and summary.

The not so good. This is Dover, DE. There isn't much to do in Dover, and with that, there isn't much around this hotel. It has a McDonald's, and a Citgo literally less than 20 yards away. On the opposite sides of the hotel are townhouses and condo's. The check in gal, who I will leave out her name, nice girl, but sort of wish she would be more interactive with the guests going in and out. The wireless either had issues and the one workstation near the lobby didn't work well.

The good. Parking is free, safe, and close. Rooms are in pretty good shape in my own opinion, no signs of wear, and clean. There is a swimming pool, and it's outside and it's about an average size pool for the size of the hotel. Bed was comfy. TV picked up about 40-50 channels.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 21, 2010

I have an old boat I am restoring.My wife refuses to sleep on it.So where can I get a clean room a free breakfast and a pool for a good price.This is it.I would tell you the hotel halls are drab.But I did not sleep in the hallway,and the hallway was clean.My room was well decorated ,the bathroom was clean,the towels were clean.For what I paid through Priceline I cannot complain.If you bring your wife,drop her off at Ollies and she will be there for two days.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2009

My daughter, myself and another female friend went to Dover for the weekend of outlet shopping in Rehoboth beach, DE and in the evening, we went to the casino @ Dover Downs. The room was slightly less clean than I would have liked. The room was quiet, the continental breakfast was pretty standard, but the best feature of the hotel was the staff. A week after returning home, I realized that I had left my coat there. I called and spoke to one of the staff members and she said that she would let the manager know that I had called. The next day I called and spoke to the manager who told me that she had given the owner the coat to mail. When I asked her what I owed her , she replied " Oh, we're not gonna charge you for that". Usually, if you leave something at a hotel, you're just plain old out of luck. And they wouldn't even let me pay them for the postage. How thoughtful. Definately going back next year for our shopping/casino trip.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank PattiBBaltimore_MD
Reviewed October 13, 2009

This Best Western hotel is one of the best hotel I have stayed in Dover Delaware area. The location is just south of Dover city center and in a very quite enviornment. The hotel has all the rooms renovated this year and the room furniture selection is very nice. Overall service and look of the hotel exterior and interior is very nice. They have very good breakfast. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Our biggest complaint was the difficulty of finding the hotel because of the signage (or lack thereof) and road system in Dover. We had two maps, web directions, but the only way we found the hotel was by pulling over and asking for directions. Better web directions/map would really help.
The night desk clerk was ever so nice; gave us another room immediately when I mentioned that there was a noisy truck with a refrigeration unit outside our window. He also helped us carry our luggage up to our room since there are no elevators in the hotel... we hadn't even asked for assistance.
The room decor was fine, bed comfortable, but the overall look of the halls and stairs is on on par with a lower cost motel. Breakfast was fine.
When we returned home there was an evaluation form waiting for us and when I replied received a personal response from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I can't believe this hotel is allowed on the Dover AFB Billeting list. The rooms were old and nasty with mildew smell, the carpets were very stained and looked dirty (I know they vacuumed). The beds looked like tacos, bent up on the ends with the center dented to the floor. The wall paper was peeling and the hallways were gross. You couldn't exit the front entrance in the early AM unless staff un-bolted the door for you.
If you're looking for a place to sleep for a night it was tolerable, I guess. As far as staying for a while, I would not go back. I saw they were doing impovements, so hopefully it gets better.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 26, 2007

We are stationed in Italy, came on a military flight and got stuck in Dover. I called the hotel from the terminal and got a room. We needed to get to Georgia the next day, but Amtrak was full and Greyhound was out of the question--could you imagine a 22 hr trip with two teenagers after being in the air for nine hours? I was very frustrated! But the manager of the hotel was very kind and extremely helpful. She asked her son to take us to the Philadelphia airport the next day. What a godsend! This is what America truly represents!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank famiglia