“new year eve stay”

Best Western Galaxy Inn
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed January 7, 2014

whirlpool tub in my room was good and the price was right for a night out with my husband for new year eve. location was close to casinos. had a great new years eve night. this hotel is also close to restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
cari2007, General Manager at Best Western Galaxy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear you had a nice New Years Eve. We hope to see you again very soon.
Cathy Webster

There are newer reviews for Best Western Galaxy Inn

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Hotel Lobby was dark and dingy. Rooms and restrooms were small, cramped and dark. Breakfast was terrible {extremely limited and frozen microwave items}. We ate at Mc Donalds next door. This hotel is more of a cheap motel atmosphere. This Hotel is certainly not up to Best Western standards. I would not stay here again and cannot recommend it to anyone. I was extremely disappointed. I was embarresed at the fact that I recommended this place to my business partner.There are no more words to explain how bad this experience was.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
cari2007, General Manager at Best Western Galaxy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

I am sorry you did not have the experience we would of hoped for. I am not sure what may have been missing from the breakfast, but we do try to offer as much as possible for a continental breakfast. I would like to invite you to offer more feedback of possible. It is through guest feedback that we have added the two types of fresh waffles, gluten free cereal, flavored creamers, yogurt, peanut butter, and sugar free syrups in addition to all the basics. If there is something you think would add to the experience please let me know. We do try to add items when possible. As for the dark feeling of the hotel. We are making some lighting changes to both the hallways and the entrances to try and improve on that.
we are also making many more changes and we hope you will come back to see them for yourself. Thank you for expressing your concerns, we are taking them to heart and trying to make the changes. Sincerely, Cathy Webster GM

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and his aunt. I would say that this hotel was a great value because it was so inexpensive. But if you are paying more than $60-70 a night, you might want to try someplace else. Also, I found a great deal through Priceline which was cheaper than booking through the hotel's actual website. The breakfast was better than expected (the waffle maker was a nice touch). My biggest upset with this hotel was that they started doing construction work (fixing the roof) and were banging extremely loudly above our room at 9:30am. It was obnoxious and very inconsiderate for this business to not plan the construction better.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor during roof construction. HAHA
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
cari2007, General Manager at Best Western Galaxy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We try to make the continental more then just coffee and danish as it is the start of your day. I am very sorry for the noise from the roofers the last two days. We did try to coordinate with them to start later, but as we loose day light so early this time of year they were not able to. I really hope this did not cause you too much inconvenience. We are planning some more upgrades to the hotel over the next year. While it is nothing as noisy, I would like to invite you to contact us directly before booking and we can alert you to any renovations scheduled for the time of your stay.
Thank you and I wish you a wonderful holiday season.
Cathy Webster

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Needed one night stay going on holidays. Good hotel, nice comfy bed, enough pillows, good breakfast. Room well equipped. Good value and easy access to highway. Quiet room on a top floor. Plenty of parking. Nearby restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
cari2007, General Manager at Best Western Galaxy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am gad to see we are doing a good job. We are making some changes soon and we hope you can come back to see them. Have a great holiday season and we look forward to your return. Cathy Webster, GM

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We decided to spend the night in Dover on our way home - after pricing the hotels in the area we chose Best Western. We were surprised at how nice the hotel was and I was very happy to find a smoking room there. This will be the hotel we choose on our return trips.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
cari2007, General Manager at Best Western Galaxy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

I want to say thank you for choosing our Best Western. I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Dover.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My fiance and I had a great stay. The room was nice. The bed was huge. All the amenities provided were in great condition. The staff was friendly. I had brought an item that was too large to put into the mini fridge they provide so they gladly allowed me to store it in their large fridge until I needed it for my event. Appreciate them going above and beyond.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It is always our pleasure to try and help in any way possible. I am happy to hear the staff went above and beyond for you. I am proud to say that is the norm for us. Thank you for choosing our Best Western and we look forward to seeing you again. Cathy

A TripAdvisor Member
Frackville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was actually surprised to get a room 3 days notice on a Nascar Race Weekend. All travel sites said no rooms in area, BW 800# said no rooms, but always call the exact site of the hotel. Talked to a live person and BAM they had a couple rooms available. Just a bit costly, but it suited our needs for the night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

You are correct. It is always a good idea to check with the hotels directly on those busy days. You never know when we may have a last minute cancellation. I am glad everything worked out and I hope you enjoyed the race. I hope to see you for the spring race. Sincerely, Cathy