“Nice clean hotel”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Onley, Virginia, United States
“Nice clean hotel”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple stayed here for 2night in April for our anniversary getaway,( something we do each year). I booked over the phone after viewing photos online. The location, fitness room, continental breakfast and jacuzzi tub were all a big plus. The staff were so friendly you woulda thought they were family. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
new york
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel was clean (not fancy) , and quiet ....the room was fresh and pleasant. The staff was very helpful. It is close to the base and not far from historic downtwon Dover....would stay here again. This was a good value and Dover has a lot to see and do.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We reserved the hotel on Priceline and when we got there and opened the door the room was trashed. Urine still in the toilet, beds stripped bare, dirty towels all over, and the strong smell of cigarettes (this is a non-smoking hotel). We did not even put our bags down and went to get a refund. They said they could move us to the second floor where the last available and most assuredly dirty room was. I said no because I have bad knees and there is no elevator. I was told they could not refund the money because it was Priceline. I asked that they contact a neighbor hotel and comp us for the night. They said no. I asked that they call the nearest Best Western and comp us there they said no. The desk clerk was pleasant but the phone customer service including the supervisor was rude and not helpful. They said they could put me in the other Best Western but it would cost me an additional $84. 10:30 at night two kids under 7 and wife looking for sleep. Best Western has lost a customer for life and gained a spokesman against their chain! By the way I am still out my $84 and had to find a hotel with a room which took an additional hour. It is now 12:02 am and I am going to sleep in a nice clean room in a hotel with great customer service. Not Worst (Best) Western.

• Stayed April 2013

Travelers are raving about these Dover hotels

Spain
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The two reviews below calling this hotel "creepy" strike me as being oddly similar not only in vocabulary, but in the inaccuracy of their reviews. The only truth I find in the writers' (or writer's) review is that there is no elevator to the one floor above the ground floor, significant only for a few people. The building itself is clean, in very good condition, the rooms are normal, the furnishing in like-new condition, the neighborhood upscale despite on of the other reviews' claim that it is run down. There is absolutely nothing run-down about the neighborhood, comprising recently built multiple-family homes located at about 200 feet from the hotel. The McDonalds is located at about 100 feet in front of, not next to the hotel and it should be considered a convenience, not a detraction, just as the service station and a couple of restaurants are, on the other side of McDonalds. The hotel is used regularly as an overflow lodging facility for USAF aircrews, a testiment to its quiet environment and the blackout curtains over the windows to allow the guests to sleep even on a bright, sunny day. The staff is friendly and service oriented, the breakfast (included in the price of the room) is more than adequate, with self made waffles, sweet rolls, coffee, two juices, fresh fruit, three cereals and more. There is a laundry room with washing machine and dryer, a small exercize room with Nautilus type machines, video camera surveilance, etc, all included in the price. My room was immaculate when I arrived yesterday and when I returned to my room after being gone for a couple of hours today it had been cleaned properly and all was in order. What more do these guys want? I would be happy to stay here with my family any time.

Room Tip: When leaving the hotel to go to Dover ÁFB or south on Route 13 exit by way of the back driveway to a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Brewsie
Newark, Delaware, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was a very creepy hotel. The surrounding area was shady - a McDonald's next door and low income housing with people walking around constantly. I was nervous going to and from my car. The hallway's smelled of cigarette smoke and there was no elevator. I was with a group and we rented several rooms. In my room the smoke detector was hanging off the wall, the phone was missing buttons and was filthy, the coffee pot was disgusting and the mattress pads were thread bare and didn't cover the mattress. The springs in the mattress squeaked and were poking through. The "sanitized" tv remote sat in a stained cardboard holder. The room was disgusting and I would never, ever recommend it to anyone. What a disappointment for a Best Western.

Room Tip: The microtel across the street might be better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manasquan
Reviewed October 10, 2012

As always with us, tractor trailer parking since the lot wasn't very full. Pet friendly with a $10 fee. I found Jeff at the front desk very pleasant and we were checked in in a timely manner. It looks like after a few lousy reviews, the hotel has corrected a lot of any problems they may have had as we found this place to be a really nice place to stay. The room was neat, clean, plenty of towels, pillows, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board, etc. The staff was very cordial and friendly and even recommended a good Italian restaurant just a short walk across 2 pakring lots. There is a gas station/convenience store at the first parking lot, the restaurant in a mini-mall at the second lot. Also a chinese place in the mall. I saw a very nice exercise room on my way to the room as well. We were very pleased with our stay here. And there was a pretty decent continental breakfast in the morning as well. All in all, I would highly recommend a stay here. Good nights' sleep, no problems, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you're looking for - I found the staff to be very accomodating.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Upon arrival we had a quick check in. Had our info from reservations we signed and were done. Told there were 3 ways to get to our room (...and yes. there is an elevator at the opposite end of the building from office, ice machines.) We parked outside the rear of motel walked about 10 steps and went in door directly to our room. At nite there is security on the door so you need to slide your room card to get in.We were glad to see that. It was clean, quiet and comfortable clean beds with 4 pillows and...a clean bathroom. Air conditioning was fine. Tv was fine. Room set up was fine and we had a frig and ironing board. In the AM we did hear people leaving their room to leave for their construction jobs but no biggie. That's to be expected. Breakfast was free but, we had planned to eat out. Our navigation took us in a round about way but, the motel was actually 3+ mile closer once we knew where we were.We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple