“Never again!!”

Best Western Galaxy Inn
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed September 12, 2011

In town for a family funeral and had very nice service when we got there late to check in. Stepped into the room and it smelled like someone had died there!lol Was moved to a better room very quickly though. But the beds were the WORST my wife and I have ever had to sllep on! Our antique rope bed we had when we got married was more comfortable! I wish I had slept in the car! Without an elevator the 1st floor was actually up a flight of stairs so in order to carry your bags up. Thankfully we were not on the 2nd floor! Saw the front desk clerk that morning looking like he had slept in a barn. Room at the end of the hall had door propped open and it looked like someone needed to call the new show on tv called hoarders! We told the family and we all got 4 rooms in another hotel somewhere else in town.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Galaxy Inn

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I did a bid on priceline, and got a room for 3 nights for $36 a night. I was expecting a dump for that cost, and was very nervous (especially after reading some reviews on this site). I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the place. The hotel wasn't dirty, and the location was fine. It was right next door to a McDonald's, less than a half mile to the Grocery Store and a Wa Wa, and very short drive to the Casinos. I definitely plan to come back again. The front desk, as well as the housekeeping staff were wonderful also. I just wish I had more time to enjoy the nice pool out back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Great location that is minutes from Dover Air Force base, the casino, racetrack and eateries like Buffalo Wild Wings. This is a two-story hotel. No elevator and the gym is really a minimum gym but the breakfast is pretty good, the rooms are spacious and real clean and the bathrooms look new! I bid $50 and got this hotel and I can tell you I feel like we got a real bargain. There are fast food places next door Popeyes) and it is near the highway. If you can get this place for around $50 you will feel like you got a great deal.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I hate to write a bad review of this place because the front desk staff is outstanding!!!!!! It's a shame the rest of the place is a little creepy. First off I was approached by 2 men trying to sell me drugs. Then we went to pool area and it was totally out of control there were about 15 or so young adults who came over from the housing from across the parking lot who basically were cussing screaming rude partying bunch of kids. Then later in the evening my guys were approached by some people looking for smokes and money. 1 of the rooms I had was less than clean there was ketchup on the table and a burger wrapper under the table. The Area is not so nice I walked to my car and saw a guy rooting through a ash/ garbage can . Then I saw a roach crawl out of the electrical outlet in the bathroom at that point I wanted to sleep in my car but I didn't feel the neighborhood was safe enough to do so. I called the front desk and Brittney who was a real sweetheart told me they had terminix out three weeks prior and got a clean bill. She wanted to give me a jacuzzi room but I feel like if there is a roach in my room it doesn't matter where in the establishment u go there are more. I've never know roaches to be discriminating in what room they show up in. So I left. Again I feel bad because the staff is really great but this place is really not on par with the chain.

My room was ok it had a musty oder but new furniture and bed and carpet appeared to be newer bit it stilled had a funny smell at about one am in the morning I was awaken by a horrible smell it was seeping in through the air unit. It smelt like sulphur. I can not describe had aweful it smelled it so bad

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Ohiojo
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We spent three nights in the Best Western Galaxy Dover, DE. Cannot say I enjoyed the hotel... yet cannot say I did not like the hotel. We moved to another hotel because it was much closer to our business location. At the current price I would say the Best Western Galaxy is over priced. For one night or two okay but I would not stay any extended time. The hotel is in need of renovation and the breakfast is nothing to get excited about.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2011

It was a good choice. Nice staff, helpful. Super fast wifi. Clean rooms.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed August 2, 2010

In short, and summary.

The not so good. This is Dover, DE. There isn't much to do in Dover, and with that, there isn't much around this hotel. It has a McDonald's, and a Citgo literally less than 20 yards away. On the opposite sides of the hotel are townhouses and condo's. The check in gal, who I will leave out her name, nice girl, but sort of wish she would be more interactive with the guests going in and out. The wireless either had issues and the one workstation near the lobby didn't work well.

The good. Parking is free, safe, and close. Rooms are in pretty good shape in my own opinion, no signs of wear, and clean. There is a swimming pool, and it's outside and it's about an average size pool for the size of the hotel. Bed was comfy. TV picked up about 40-50 channels.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple