Residence Inn Dover
Hampton.com
$65
$118
$109
Mainstay Suites Dover(Dover)(Great Value!)
MainstaySuites
$134
$69
Sleep Inn & Suites(Dover)(Great Value!)
$79
SleepInn
$169
$149
All reviewstwo bedroom suitebasketball courtindoor poolmanagers receptionscomfortable seating areahuge fieldhotel nightsroomy and nicely decoratedcheck in was quick and easygreat kitchenetteeach morningfresh eggsoatmealthe hotel sitsone night stayevery staff memberfront desk agent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. The beds are great. It is quiet. BUT... The wireless internet is worse than inconsistent and when I called to discuss it with the front desk I was told it was just upgraded so there wasn't a problem. Huh? The same problem occurred with the computers in the lobby, so it wasn't just us. When we mentioned that to the receptionist she gave me the number for the internet service provider and then hung up on me. When I tried to call the ISP the number rang with a fast busy signal. The next day I called the front desk again and got the same answer. When I asked explained to the receptionist that they were misinformed or that there was something terribly wrong with their new wireless internet service she told me she'd ask her manager about it and get back to me. I left two days later without a follow-up.

After the first night we found we needed to extend our stay for two nights and move to a different size suite. I went to the front desk and personally explained the situation. They were very helpful, if not a bit confused (perhaps they were training a new person, it was hard to tell). We got a new room and moved. The next morning there was a bill under to door so I called Reception they had only booked us for one night so they changed the reservation. The next morning there was a bill for two nights under the door.

I went to the front desk to find out if they had billed me for three nights but they seemed confused and I was on a deadline and had to leave. They told me they'd look into it. Four days later I have been billed for two night but there is still a credit hold on my card for $150. I called the hotel only to be told that there are no managers that can fix billing issues that work on the weekends and I would have to call during certain hours Monday through Friday.

Normally we stay at the Fairfield Inn in Dover because it is a bit less expensive. We will never stay here again because this beauty is a beast.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LynnO129
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Like living in a luxury apartment for the price of a hotel. Stopped at the Casino Hotel and due to rooms not available, we proceeded to the Residence Inn down the street. With a check-in of 3PM, we arrived mid-afternoon and with a short delay, they provided a room earlier than expected. The staff was fantastic and welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom unit. The unit was clean and the kitchen had plenty of dishes, pots and pans. The ice maker did not work in the freezer so we had to go to the front desk for ice. The living area had a couch but no chair. There was plenty of room for a chair I just think it was missing from our room.

The breakfast was the standard stuff served at Residence Inn. There was plenty of tables to sit and eat in the breakfast area. They also had table set up outside.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom units have 2 bathrooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CCCLady
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this property. The front desk personnel were very friendly and welcoming. The public areas were very clean and well maintained. Our suite was everything we could want, and the beds were comfy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent 1 night here and it was very comfortable. Easy to get to, friendly staff. They have a nice large pool, hot tub, a small gym and an outdoor basketball court -a bonus which my boys loved. They have balls we can borrow at the front desk. They had fresh choc.chip cookies in the lobby when we checked in. The room was a studio so quite spacious. Things looked new and fresh.The breakfast nextday was included and excellent - fresh waffles, french toast, egg, sausage, toast, bagel, english muffin, oatmeal with tons of toppings, fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, cereal,cottage cheese, muffins, coffee and juice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family