“Very enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Floral Park, New York
“Very enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent two nights (Jan 19 and 20) at this hotel. The check-in was simple and the front staff was friendly. Our room was very clean which is a major thing I focus on. The bed was comfortable and the rest of the room fit our needs. Continental breakfast was enjoyable and varied between the two mornings. The pool area was clean and we enjoyed the hot tub too. We didn't use our kitchenette but we did find it amply stocked with cooking and eating supplies. We would stay here again if we found ourselves in Dover. The hotel is tucked off the road so you're better off looking for the Fairfield Marriott sign and just following the road back to the Residence Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Spent I night at this hotel. We got in around 5:00 PM on Sunday, Jan. 20. We had a two bedroom suite. 4 adults. Price was good. We dropped our stuff and headed over to the casino at Dover Downs. We really didn't inspect the place too good. When we got back and wanted to watch a little TV in the main room. The couch had a rip and the stuffing was hanging out. The arm's on the chair were worn out. The towels for the bathroom are what I would use as rags. The shower curtain rod in one bathroom was hanging off the wall. Spoke with the general manger when leaving and she replied that they are on a 4 year plan to replace furniture. Do we really care about that? Looks like they need to call in the guy from "Hotel Impossible".

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank roseva
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here as a stopping point on my way up North for a wedding to split my drive up. The front desk agent was very friendly at check-in. The Studio Suite was huge--much bigger than most Residence Inn's I've stayed. The room was very clean and well kept (I asked how new the hotel was, as it appeared very new). The breakfast was standard Residence Inn breakfast-lots of options. It was slow when I was there, so had plenty of seating, but I imagine on a busy weekend getting a table could be difficult--there were not a ton of tables-the serving area was larger than the seating area!
Will definitely stay again as it's a great halfway point between home and NYC!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bethesda, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well appointed rooms, clean, quiet, great buffet breakfast, nice pool, pool table, and lounge area. Conveniently located on US 13, restaurants, Dover Downs, and downtown Dover. Only recommendation: study the thermostat before heading to bed.

Room Tip: East side (back of hotel) is very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I come to Dover several times a month for business and this was my first time staying at Residence Inn. I must say that I was very impressed. I had originally booked a studio but was upgraded to a One Bedroom for free. The suite exceeded my expectations. The staff was awesome. The front desk manager and the girl who worked 7-3 were very polite and friendly and down to earth. The only concern I had was the "fast speed internet", but after making a call to the front desk, I had no more issues with the internet for the remainder of my stay.

The breakfast was very good. I was surprised with the variety of options available erveryday. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job. I received full service cleaning everyday. I normally stay at a hotel closer to where I work, but Residence Inn will be my new go to hotel.

Room Tip: The One Bedroom was awesome. I didn't get a chance to see the other rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Camile W
Hopewell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel for the first time, & it was a pleasure. Had everything you could possibly need in room. The staff was very Polite & helpful. When going to Dover Downs it is right down the street, & is a good price for the area. Very CLEAN & Comfortable.

Room Tip: ALL rooms & levels seem to be great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank John B
Bristol, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is extremely clean, and all the hotel staff we encountered are very helpful and courteous. Every day I saw staff cleaning the entire hotel. Our room had a kitchenette with a full-size refrigerator, stovetop, dishwasher and microwave, fully stocked with dishes and silverware. The indoor pool and hot tub were a nice end to the day, and were surprisingly never crowded. Every morning breakfast had a variety of hot and cold items - every day they serve eggs and breakfast meat, and there is a make your own waffle bar. I don't want to list all the items they serve - you have pretty much anything you want, included in your stay. They supply free Tide to do your laundry (the washers/dryers cost $1.50 per load). Overall, the stay was excellent. Thank you Residence Inn for valuing your customers!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family