I booked a night in mid July 2013. The price was right, so I figured I'd give it a try. First, parking is horrible. There's a tiny, barely lit parking lot that had no empty spaces, and an underground parking area that appears to have been made for smart cars only. It says its for compact cars only, but I have one and felt very uncomfortable trying to get in and out of the parking spots.
The hallways above the first floor and the elevator have no air conditioning.. The elevator felt like you would suffocate if it broke down. It was easily 90 degrees or more in there.
I get into the room, and the pictures don't do justice to how small this room was. It appeared pretty clean though, from what I saw. The big issue was the smell! It smelled so strongly of mold or must or I have no idea... But it was bad. The woman at the front desk had me try another room.. Which was even worse. We tried 4 rooms on different floors, all of which smelled so awful that I started to get a headache. I could tell we were frustrating the front desk woman when she told me "the only thing I smell is your perfume clashing with my nose". Haha I guess I would have been frustrated too though. She was nice enough after that.
I knew there was no way I could sleep there. I could barely stand the smell for a few minutes. Luckily, I called hotels.com and they were able to refund my money. I stayed in a different hotel for $30 more.. But it was totally worth it. That's what I get for trying to save a few dollars.
If you don't mind smells and drive a tiny car, you might like it there. I'd advise against it though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Microtel Inn and Suites in Dover, DE, a 100% smoke free property, and member of Delaware Green Lodging. Our clean, comfortable accommodations include 71 queen bed rooms and suites. All rooms have Dream Well bedding, featuring down-like comforters wrapped between two crisp white sheets, upgraded thread count linens and extra pillows, to make Microtel Inn and Suites the best choice for your next hotel stay. All guest rooms have wireless high-speed internet access so you can stay connected to home or the office, Cable TV and HBO, hair dryer, coffee maker with coffee amenities, refrigerator, microwave, free local and long distance phone calls and an alarm clock radio. Microtel is committed to ensuring that travelers with disabilities and special needs receive the best possible service and have an enjoyable stay. For your convenience, we have an on-site fitness center, coin operated guest laundry facilities and an enclosed, underground parking garage. Our meeting room can accommodate up to 50 people for a business meeting or special occasion gathering. In the morning wake up to a complimentary, hot Get Up and Joe Breakfast. Enjoy a Quality Hotel Room at a discount hotel price. We offer consistency, quality, reasonable prices and great service each time you stay with Microtel Inn and Suites. For more information become our fan on Facebook - Microtel of Dover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Dover Hotel Dover
- Microtel Inn And Suites Dover
- Microtel Dover
- Dover Microtel