Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Excellent stay. Have stayed at different Microtel’s before and was not surprised at the quality of service and room amenites offered. We stayed in a room suiet and it was excellent. Will definitely use Microtel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Here's what I got for $179.00 a night...No Internet signal, dirty toilet seat, hair in bathroom, a very tiny room (and I mean tiny), outdated televisions and burned out lightbulbs. I would try ANY other hotel before this one. Anyone who gives this place 4-5 stars has only previously stayed in a Motel 6, apparently...because that's what I equate this place too.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank sdpw
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here for a baseball event at Dover High School. It was my 6'7" husband and I and 2 of our over 6' tall boys. We had a standard Queen Double. It was fine. Beds a wee bit hard, 3 pillows on each, desk, little wardrobe, tons of drawers and a little window seat. Internet would go in and out sometimes, but they have several networks it seems and it just searches for the next one. 4 of us in the standard room for the weekend. Breakfast is exactly what it states - continental. Breads, drinks. Period - why would you expect more? Coffee was ok, several selections of breads, bagels, doughnuts, and muffins, peanut butter, jelly, cream cheese, butter, milk, OJ, Apple juice and even some oatmeal packets - wasn't the best spread I've seen, but it wasn't bad for continental. And all employees we interacted with were very personable.

Gym is ok, couple pieces of equipment - it's not Gold's. TV is on top of the wardrobe and angled down toward the beds - but it's fine, just looks odd. Desk is a good size, plenty of outlets to plug in all of our electronics, bathroom clean and functional. What more do you need for a simple stay?

What I really liked was the underground parking - especially when it rained!

A couple tips - lots of potential for AF personnel to be in the hotel - we were able to see/thank an entire unit headed out on deployment. McDonald's is right across the street as is and Italian place - Franco's - they have great pizza.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MDNoni
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after working an 18 hour day. I was looking forward to a nice bed in a standard room. What I got was an oversized college dorm room with a wall desk, full length (literally) wall mirror and a TV precariously positioned at an forward leaning angle ontop of the closet. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. The shower curtain looked a little dirty but not a big deal. The major problem was that inner pane of the double paned window was smashed. The jagged edges were still present in the window frame. There was no noticeable glass shards of any kind, so it had obviously been noticed and previously cleaned thoroughly. I noticed this as I was leaving the next day and informed the staff. The staff was friendly and receptive to my complaint. This room was average at best, but was a good value minus the potential danger of the glass.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I'm writing this on day 5 of a 15 day stay. The hotel is ok, no business center and the gym is a joke. The biggest issue is that the Internet never works. I was able to get online for about a hour yesterday. The only way to get Internet is if your able to get on the Best Western wifi. No one has any information on when it will be on and no one seems I care. Breakfast is doughnuts from a box, juice and some bagels.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Hellokitty1981ek
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Using the hotel website my reservations were not saved. Took an hour to get a room. Front desk person, Zak, was very helpful and patient. Wifi was down so was unable to use my computer to verify.

Breakfast was the worst I've ever had in any hotel. Only TWO tables, watered down juice and only ONE carafe of coffee that was EMPTY.

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Plan on going out to breakfast. Hotel is just down the street from the AF base.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel for one night on Saturday, 14 April 12. We were given room 120. The room was a bit small, but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. Our room was on the freeway side and the traffic noise did get a bit loud. However, traffic noise was nothing compared to what we experienced at 0930 Sunday morning when we were jolted awake by what can only be described as the loudest, yet worst gospel rock concert ever performed. The pulsating sounds of bass guitar, crashing of drums and full throated vocal caterwalling sounded as if it were coming from next door...and with good reason, because it was. It just so happens that the hotel conference room is located directly across the hall from our room and this hotel decided that it is a good idea to rent out said conference room for Sunday morning church rock band performances. Not exactly the restful morning of sleeping in that we envisioned.

Room Tip: Don't stay on Saturday night, and get room away from highway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family