“Not so Super.....”
Review of Super 8 Dover

Super 8 Dover
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Headed to Dover for the Firefly Festival and, supply and demand economics being what they are, paid close to $300 per night, per room. Comically bad check in experience. No comforters on the beds -- only an empty duvet cover. However, towels were clean; bathroom was clean; housekeeping staff is very nice; and Neeta, who worked on Sunday, was lovely and very, very helpful. The sign in the parking area warns that the Super 8 is not responsible for items stolen from cars -- or for stolen cars. That says it all.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 22, 2014

My family and I lived in the Dover area and were in the process of moving. Because all of our stuff was packed up our last night in town, we needed a place to spend the night. I didn't book a hotel until the night we needed it which made my choices slim.

Because we only planned on staying one brief night I didn't want to spend $200 which was the price of my other choices available. I paid $69 for hotel and still feel ripped off.

Pros:

-Free Wifi
-Decent sized rooms
-Location in the center part of town

Cons:

-Found a bath towel stuffed into my pillow case
-Very uncomfortable beds
-Stale smell of smoke
-Loud area
-Fridge door would not close
-Other small things

Given my choices, if I had to go back and do it over, I feel better paying $69 for the night for this place compared to $200 just for an overnights sleep. However, I'd book sooner at a different hotel.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help.

If you found this review helpful, please let me know by clicking the button below! I would greatly appreciate it!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bluecookies
Reviewed June 10, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Need a little more bug control but room was clean, I ask for a non smoking room and it didn't smell like smoke so that was a plus. No issue with the hot water and the new appliances was nice. My stay was nice!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family