“Customer Service Excellence vs. Run-Down Outdated Infrastructure” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Dover

Super 8 Dover
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Dover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
charlottesville va
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

The room was very dirty and there was hair that didn't belong to us on the pillows. We asked for extra towels the night we checked in, we even went to the desk to try to get them and didn't receive them until we were about to checkout the next day. The bathroom looked like it was about to fall apart, the shower sprayed water every direction but the right one. The lamp shades were disgusting with crap all over them. We tried to to open the door to the night stand and the front of it fell to the floor. Like I said it ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!!!!!!!! I would never ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Find another room at another hotel!!!!!
Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EGrady26
Enola, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon and I must say this place was pretty bad. The night staff were very nice when we went to check in though. Even had a new girl being trained. We got a single king smoking room. Upon entering the lights in the room didn't work. The TV cable with Directv was blurry and skipped. The shower was huge!!! There was no phone or alarm clock (ended up oversleeping past check out-I wanted breakfast) I went back out after getting settled in the room and I understand it was my fault for not locking my doors but there was some random black man just sitting in my passenger seat looking through my car (being pregnant it scared me crapless thinking he would attack me)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Dover hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I wasn't expecting anything nice for the price that I paid ($65 a night). The room was average, and it was clean. We even had a microwave and a fridge in our room, and it worked. The bathroom was small, but relatively clean. However, our shower head was a little messed up. However, for the money that we paid, I was satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I am a reasonable person, with moderate expectations, but this was the single worst hotel experience I have ever had. I booked the hotel for 3 nights during the 2012 Firefly festival. Where to start. Well, there was the ordeal of changing the primary name on the reservation. After talking to three people the manager was able to do it; however, when I arrived they tried to explain to me that the original name was not mine and even with a note on the reservation that we called and changed it, there was nothing they could do. Eventually relenting and letting me check in they then tried to refuse my credit card insisting on only being able the use the one the room was reserved on.

Well eventually I got into my room. Upon first inspection the room looked good, new TV, nice looking batheroom. Over the course of the weekend I realized that the toilet barely worked, only the light in the bathroom worked, the TV came in fuzzy, and the phone in the room did not work at all. The sheets and towels were stained and I have a strong suspicion that there were bed bugs. On top of this my room keys deactivated every night, even through I had been reassured that they would not. Subsequently,there is no way to enter the hotel lobby from the back of the hotel because of renovations meaning to get to the lobby you must get back into your car or walk down a dark alley to get your key reactivated.

On top of this, my room was never cleaned once during my stay! If I had any other choice (all the hotels were booked for the weekend because of the festival) I would have left after the first night. I seriously contemplated staying in my car.

I do not recommend this hotel at all, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Norther Central PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on Saturday, July 27, 2012. Price was fair, room was very clean, grounds were nice, continental breakfast was good and food was plentiful. If it wouldn't have been for the people above us who sounded like they were running a marathon at 3 in the morning (not managements fault), it would have been a perfect night. We heard no other noise. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was really expecting a terrible weekend because of how cheap it was (about $60 per night) and based on previous reviews, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff members were really helpful and didn't seem to hate their jobs, the rooms was basic but clean enough, and there were no bed bugs. You can hear a lot through the walls and there were some quirks with the AC and the shower, but nothing was that bad. For the money this place was definitely a good deal. If you are looking for a really nice, modern hotel, though, somewhere else may be a better option for you. I was in town for the Firefly music festival and wasn't in the room much. It was just nice to have a decent place to sleep at night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends