“RE:Terrible food ,bad service”
Review of W. T. Smithers - CLOSED

W. T. Smithers
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Dover, Delaware
“RE:Terrible food ,bad service”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

we recently ordered take out( wings and pizza rolls) not only did they not have one of the orders of wings but when my husband said "you forgot 1 order or wings" they said no we didn't and did not offer to make another order or anything. Server was very rude as well. The pizza rolls were nothing but sauce on italian bread and the wings were not hot at all. We will not be going back for take out to this place again

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank dena118

“Great people, an best drink specials.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I can honestly can say this place caught me at a surprise. I love this place. People should come here more often. This place gets mixed reviews, but they have the best drink specials, an the best food specials, that kitchen knows exactly what they are doing back there. Those guys should get more credit then they do. The best plus is that Frazier guy does not bartend anymore. Hooray. That girl bartender with the big butt makes my Saturdays nights. Yall rock.

Smithfield, Rhode Island
“Only stop in Dover not a great one”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our only stop in Dover on our way through the state and we were disappointed first by the ghost town Dover is on Sunday but then more so by one of the few restaurants we found open. This one had so much potential--cute old Victorian not busy at all easy meal and we could be back our way. It was dingy and the smell was off so we should have left but didn't because really we didn't see much else on route to here hoping for local flavor and not franchise food. The service was slow to start but our hungover waiter warmed as our meal went on. The food was ok ratings for good to gross from our five dishes. The history of the building was the coolest part.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank CGStevens
Delaware, United States
“Frequent Fights, Dangerous Place”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This place is sketchy. Its a total dive bar that needs some money invested into it immediately. The floors are filthy, the ceilings have water damage and mold. If your a pretty girl and underage this is the spot to drink. I know this because the only enjoyable part of my evening was talking to a young girl whole was drinking only to find out she was 18. This place gets insanely crowded and as a result fights occur. I seen 4 the Saturday I was there. They're very physical when the kick someone out. Rather then calling the authorities to help with the situation they take it upon themselves. While I was talking to my friends I see their security crew litterally dragging someone out by their ankles. This person was crying in pain begging for them to stop. They kept dragging this poor man until they reached the rear exit then litterally tossed him out... Its scary to see such disregard for human life... Its even scarier when this happens at a "well established" restaurant... All this guy did was defend himself from a sucker punch while trying to order a drink...

This place has no respect it seems for fire code/crowd control or the responsible distribution of alcohol. Ive been here a few times before this and similar events occur just thought I'd warn people who are on the edge about trying this place out.

2 Thank Will L
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Great food in unexpected surroundings”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I both had excellent meals here, but you do feel like you're dining in your aunt's house, whose wall was torn down to reveal a bar next door.

Visited September 2012