“Great Boutique Hotel”

Dover Garden Suites
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I read the reviews before booking the hotel, as I was leaning toward a chain hotel since I didn't know the area. I decided to take a chance and I am so glad I did. The room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The staff was more than accommodating and very friendly! WiFi was lightning fast, and they provided free snacks along with water, soda and coffee. I will have to return to the area for more meetings in the future, and I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary Jane H
There are newer reviews for Dover Garden Suites

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We spent the night at the Dover Garden Inn over the weekend and thought it was a really cute and interesting place. When I booked the hotel I thought it was close to the Delaware race track off of 95 at exit 4B. Turns out I got Dover Downs and the other casino/race track mixed up. My other half was not happy but when we got to the hotel and he saw how interesting the room was he changed his tune.

We were both very impressed with how clean the rooms were. The decor is different then your average hotel with a leather sofa and a leather recliner where you can chill and watch TV. Ducks lined up on a high shelf in each room. A big ornate mirror in the "kitchen" area and a glass bowl sink. Pink marble on the walls in the bathroom and dark wood and tile floors.

Our room had a queen bed and a single. I slept in the single as we are used to a king bed. While at first I thought the mattress was a bit hard and somewhat uncomfortable I quickly fell asleep for a solid night. The coverlet on the bed was very clean and attractive.

You could not hear the traffic near by and it was very private as each room has it's own courtyard. A bit too cold to sit outside but would be nice in the summer. The room was very quiet and despite the fact there were a number of other cars there you would think you were the only ones in the hotel.

We would definitely stay there again if we were in the area. It is close to Dover Downs and there is a really good all night diner, Hollywood Diner, just down there road where I had delicious fried chicken and waffles at 2:00 A.M.

Room Tip: No "front desk." You go to the door and the manager will come down and greet you. Takes...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank mjj2red
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was our anniversary weekend and we were supposed to be staying at Dover Downs. There was an issue with our reservation but thankfully we found Dover Gardens. It was awesome! Perfect for a romantic getaway near home! Customer service was great! They saved our anniversary. We do plan to return. Thanks again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Antonio S
Reviewed January 29, 2014

After staying in chain hotels for the past 10 days, what a treat to come to this hotel! It's famiky owned and it showed. The personal touches made the time I spent here made me feel right at home. Whenever I come back to Dover, this is where I will stay. Did I mention the jacuzzi tub?

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Bonnie C
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I travel to Dover twice a year and have stayed at numerous hotels/motels and Dover Garden Suites is the best. I love that you get a suite for the price of a room and everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. The bed was comfortable, 2 flat screen TV's with Netflix, WIFI, and more. There wasn't anything else I needed! If you need a place to stay in Dover, stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Russ K
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Dover Garden Suites for one night over Thanksgiving week when we were passing through Delaware, and what a treat that short stay was! The suites are so spacious, the beds extremely comfortable, and the rooms beautifully decorated with no detail overlooked. We were so pleased with the personal service and friendly atmosphere, and I'm looking forward to our next opportunity to stay at Dover Garden Suites!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank NLB14
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Dover Garden Suites is incredible. The furnishings, decor and staff combine to make this the most memorable stay you will ever experience. I have traveled the world and stayed in similiarly claimed lodging. However, none have attained the level of excellence that my wife and I experienced with our stay here. Thank You DGS!! We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013