“Believe it or not: It's a REAL gem!”

Dover Garden Suites
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here for 3 wonderful nights and added another one just to feel greatness of this place. At the middle of Route 13 we found hidden pleasure, inside in the king suite and outside in thai style garden. Never experienced such family style treatment like this, either in the US or overseas.

Thank you Maureen and Kelly!

* I did read all reviews and can sign under every word what people are saying about this place. It has character (which is rare), style, sense and beauty. Very unusual, kind and refreshing place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank jg02282014a

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was a bit skeptical about this place because the deal that I got was so good I figured there had to be a catch. The only catch was a 5-star quality hotel stay. The owner was great and the rooms were unbelievable. So clean and spacious. This is like the perfect retreat, will go back In the summer!

-Raymond

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Ray2099
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I still remember this amazing stay! People were so kind, friendly and nice they made us feel we came to family.. Suite was so interesting to explore, so 3 nights stay was not enough.. clean, comfortable and spasious... just yesterday were discussing to go back to Delawer and this is the best palce to stay.. Highly recommended!! Thanks to stuff for making it more attractive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Natali K
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am not kidding, this beautiful, comfortable, amazing, secluded, escape from the real world is mind blowing. I call it my home away from home. I have been several times in 2013 and I love it so much that I hate leaving but I have to get back to working, lol! All 5's in my book and my fiancé seconds he says. Take the journey it's worth your time.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Ladylaw2007
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had no idea what to expect and the GPS was very little help because this facility has NO signage. But once inside the gated property, it was like being transported to another world. These suites are incredibly well furnished and the amenities are over the top. I would drive way out of my way to spend a weekend in this location. Plan to book again this year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Peanut_Daddy
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The worst part of our stay was we only stayed one night. On our trip, we stayed at high end hotels in DC, Virginia, and Philadelphia. Let me tell you, we wanted to stay an extra day at Dover Garden Suites.

It is an amazing place! The management really understands that it is e little things that matter. Everything is high end, top shelf, stuff, from the coffee, to laundry detergent, to the directions o a great place to eat with great beer!

We ave stayed and reviewed a lot of places, but this one wins the "best great surprise" award! Do yourself a favor and stay here, just make it for more than one night!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MO_outdoor_adventure
Reviewed October 27, 2013

What a wonderful place! It was like no other I have ever stayed in. My brother and I had Suites 1 and 2 and were treated to a more than lovely stay. Each suite had a gorgeous bedroom with a bathroom out of a magazine. The living room was where we fell in love with Dover Gardens. The large room had a comfortable leather couch and chair. A round dining table with 4 chairs. Another half bath, refrigerator/freezer, stocked with complimentary water and sodas. A large Keurig coffee maker w/ coffee and cream available. A wine cooler with a complimentary bottle of wine on a beautiful bar with two stools. The bar also contained dishes, a sink and a basket full of snacks. I think there was a dishwasher too. Each room had a private veranda that opened up to a garden oasis filled with flowers and roses. I found my home! Manager Maureen couldn't have been nicer and I hope to go back many more times as my brother is buying a house in the area. Dover Gardens was the absolute best.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Suites but I am sure all their other rooms are just as lovely. The Thai mirrors a...