“Unbelievable Stay!”

Dover Garden Suites
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The worst part of our stay was we only stayed one night. On our trip, we stayed at high end hotels in DC, Virginia, and Philadelphia. Let me tell you, we wanted to stay an extra day at Dover Garden Suites.

It is an amazing place! The management really understands that it is e little things that matter. Everything is high end, top shelf, stuff, from the coffee, to laundry detergent, to the directions o a great place to eat with great beer!

We ave stayed and reviewed a lot of places, but this one wins the "best great surprise" award! Do yourself a favor and stay here, just make it for more than one night!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MO_outdoor_adventure

Reviewed October 27, 2013

What a wonderful place! It was like no other I have ever stayed in. My brother and I had Suites 1 and 2 and were treated to a more than lovely stay. Each suite had a gorgeous bedroom with a bathroom out of a magazine. The living room was where we fell in love with Dover Gardens. The large room had a comfortable leather couch and chair. A round dining table with 4 chairs. Another half bath, refrigerator/freezer, stocked with complimentary water and sodas. A large Keurig coffee maker w/ coffee and cream available. A wine cooler with a complimentary bottle of wine on a beautiful bar with two stools. The bar also contained dishes, a sink and a basket full of snacks. I think there was a dishwasher too. Each room had a private veranda that opened up to a garden oasis filled with flowers and roses. I found my home! Manager Maureen couldn't have been nicer and I hope to go back many more times as my brother is buying a house in the area. Dover Gardens was the absolute best.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Suites but I am sure all their other rooms are just as lovely. The Thai mirrors a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JoanEileen
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I'm not sure what to say that hasn't already been said by so many other happy travelers before me, but I will try to add something of value...My boyfriend and I stayed here when we made a trip to the area to visit Old Dominion Brewing (which is definitely worth paying a visit as well!) To start off, Maureen came out to greet us just as we were getting out of our car, and showed us the room. It was absolutely stunning! Maureen explained that the owner had furnished most of the hotel with artisan items from Thailand. The front room of the suite was furnished with a bar, a bathroom, a big screen TV, and complimentary snacks as well as beverages in the mini-fridge. The bedroom had a beautifully covered and extremely comfortable bed, another flat screen TV, as well as an additional bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub and slate shower! The suite we reserved was the lower end that they offered, and I scrutinized my bill because I was sure we `were accidentally given a much more expensive suite!

In addition to the beautiful rooms, we had a private patio completely enclosed from the road and other guests. Maureen asked where we were headed, and when we told her we were going to the brewery, she insisted on driving us and absolutely would not accept any money!

We had such a positive experience here from start to finish, and were given such exceptional value for our money, I would go back to stay even if I had no other reason to visit Delaware, this place is a destination in and of itself.

1  Thank Meredith J
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome! We came to Dover just for a night for a romantic getaway/bird watching trip to nearby Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge. We found this through Trip Advisor and we are very happy! You walk into your room and all you can say is wow! WOW!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Pretty amazing option with incredible prices midweek for business travel. I have stayed in a number of hotels in the Dover/Smyrna Route 1/Route 13 Corridor in Delaware and nothing has come close to this. Amazing private outdoor porch, parking right in front of the room. Fridge, 1 and 1/2 baths - even a stocked Keurig coffeemaker and combination washer/dryer unit. Not to mention the eclectic and lavish furnishings and wall coverings, direct from Thailand. Everything is set as you would want to be set up if it was done FOR YOU - not something crappy just to get by as a bare minimum for a rental unit or an overnight hotel room to suffer through. I'll definitely be back - hope it doesn't get too popular so I can't get a room again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Maureen T, Manager at Dover Garden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you, Michael! I am glad you appreciated the Martin Street Suite's relaxing ambiance. As a former business traveler, I know how important finding the right lodging option can be. So glad you found us, and look forward to being one of your favorite places for business travel. That Trip Advisor special is not posted at this moment, but still is valid - just give me a call when you know you will be in the Central Delaware/Dover area!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a gem hidden in Dover. We could not get over our rooms, they were spacious and were adorned in wood carved furniture and mirrors. There is an outside garden that will take your breath away. You have to see it to believe.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

my husband and i wanted a "staycation" and we found this wonderful hotel right in Dover. The room was very spacious and clean, lots of extras: snacks, bottle of wine, large fridge with freezer, kurig coffee maker with a nice selection of coffee and hot chocolate, and huge towels. The jetted tub was great as well. The queen suite even had a small half bath! The parking was great right outside our door and in a gated area as well. The gardens were beautiful still in October and we enjoyed walking and sitting in them. The staff were welcoming and very willing to go the next step in making sure we were comfortable. We can`t wait to go back again!