“My new favorite place in Dover”

Fraizer's on the Water
Ranked #34 of 198 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 27, 2014

A nice selection of sandwiches and appetizers, a good selection of brews on draft, and numerous televisions scattered around, Fraizer's is a local pub with a bit of sports bar feel.

I came here for a group lunch meeting a few months ago. I have been back a few times since for lunch on Saturdays. Great sandwiches and appetizers. I had a Reuben sandwich on a recent visit, it was also very good.

I have added a picture with my review of a crab cake sandwich, very good looking, very tasty! I also included the view from the restaurant, very nice, relaxing looking.

It's hard to say how much of the food here is made from scratch, or just heated up from something pre-packaged, but everything I've had here was nicer looking and tasted better than similar food from many of the other sit down restaurants in the local area. As I look at the ratings for restaurants in Dover I see those same all stuff different day fast food chains like Chick-fil-A and Hardee's above Frazier's, as well as the sit down chains like Applebee's, and I wonder why?

Fraizer's may not be a 5 star restaurant compared to many top of the line restaurants, but it's top of the line in Dover, and better than most of the places currently rated above here on Tripadvisor. Fraizer's has moved to the top of my list for my favorite place for lunch in Dover.

4  Thank Philosophyguru

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The food is very good. We ordered a hot roast beef with a dipping sauce and sweet potato fries which was tender and delicious, Fraziers club and fries which was also great and the Colorado dip sandwich which was enjoyed as well. Last Tuesday of the month is half price on sandwiches which is really a great deal. Full bar available. Outside seating overlooking a lake is pleasant. In winter, there is a nice fireplace in the rear room. Wait staff is friendly and attentive. Enjoy.

1  Thank LovelyLady3
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Quaint little restaurant on the lake in the heart of downtown dover. Half price sandwiches on Tuesdays, a large selection of draft/craft beer and wonderful service staff. Bands and entertainment nightly.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here October 26, 2013 for Dinner, food was decent. Service could have been better. Maybe it was just an off night. We might try it again.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a late lunch at Fraziers...Try the Chicken Caprese Salad. My husband and I could have shared it andstill have left overs for later! Nice atmosphere, plenty of large screen tvs to watch whatever sport you are into. Used to come here when it was the Lobby House. Always liked it then, seemed even nicer this trip.

1  Thank MDG-G

Been to Fraizer's on the Water? Share your experiences!