“One of the Friendliest Churches in Delaware”

Christ Episcopal Church
Reviewed March 14, 2010

I am sorry to read about the other person's bad experience and am not so sure what happened there. We attend Christ Church often, I know for a fact that many persons go out of their way to make visitors and newcomers welcome. One thing I know is that during the H1-N1 Flu scare they had asked people not to shake hands so that they would not spread any disease. Other than that, there has never been a time when I would say anyone is unfriendly. Many visitors often remark that this in one of the friendliest churches that they've ever been in! Maybe you should give them another chance?

1  Thank DelawareCrew
There are newer reviews for Christ Episcopal Church

Reviewed December 31, 2009

Being new to the area and a lifelong Episcopalian I went to this church to worship and seek fellowship with like-minded Christians. This was the most unfriendly group I have ever encountered. During the Peace, no one shook my hand or acknowledged my presence. Before and after the service was the same. I've been to many churches while traveling and have never had an experience quite like the non-reception in Dover.

Reviewed June 4, 2009

We happened by there on a Sunday morning just before the service started. The ringing of the big bell in the tower got our attention. We were just barely passable in casual clothes but the folks outside beckoned us to join them. What a warm and friendly congregation! The pastor is a female, very dynamic preacher. The music was uplifting and the choir was very good too! We were made to feel very much at home and will certainly make it a point to go back the next time we're in Dover! Check out the self-guided tour of the cemetery, very interesting!

Reviewed November 21, 2006

The stained glass windows are cool, and being built in 1703 it's amazing that it's still the same way it was. I beleive it's the original bell too! The graveyard is very neat to look at the many different varieties of people that have had Christ Church as their home Church. Ceaser Rodney's monument is big, graves from the 1700's, beautiful stained glass, and the Church has a balcony inside. (That was used for gun slingers and hookers back in he day and the "good ol' town folk" sat in the floor seats.) They have a lot of activites as a Church too.

1  Thank MommyC