“Not so big you have to rush.”

Air Mobility Command Museum
Ranked #1 of 35 things to do in Dover
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the Dover Air Force Base, this museum showcases the history of military aviation through exhibits and a sizeable collection of planes that have been used throughout history.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This has lots of history and many of the planes you can get in and roam around inside. I was able to get into one of the planes I flew in. Funny how small it was compared to what I remembered. I met a guy who was a load master on that type of transport and he had some great stories. :)

1  Thank tginmn

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We have been here several times with our child and it NEVER disappoints. Entrance is FREE (we love that), the displays are impressive and informative, and each time we go we see something we missed before. There is a large inside area, full of planes and displays, and a large area of tarmac with a collection of planes to be seen, some you can go in! Air Force Two is in the collection and one Saturday a month it is open for self-guided tours (AWESOME). There is also a C-5 Galaxy plane, mindblowingly large.

If you get a chance to stop in, you should. What a great place to take your kids!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stopped here for about an hour to burn some time. I saw Air Force Two, inside and outside some huge planes, and some old planes like a B-17 Flying Fortress. I could have easily spent a few hours here if I didn't have to get to the airport. They have a great collection of planes and it's free! A must see while in Dover.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Needed something to do in Dover on a rainy Sunday morning. This museum fit the bill. Due to the rain, the outdoor planes were not opened to the public, but they were still interesting to view from the outside. We also got a great view of them from a former air traffic control tower-nice exhibit in itself. Inside there were other planes to view. Free admission which makes this museum a bargain. My family and I spent about 2 1/2 hours here. Very nice and knowledgeable volunteers here to show you around and answer any questions you may have.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Wonderful experience. Very informative. Pleasant and very friendly volunteers run this museum. We will visit again.