“Fire and Ice lounge”
Review of Dover Downs Casino

Dover Downs Casino
Ranked #2 of 35 things to do in Dover
More attraction details
Owner description: A huge entertainment venue that features horse racing, a hotel and restaurant, plus 2,000 slot machines ranging from a nickel to $50 per play.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fire and Ice lounge”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went to the Fire and Ice lounge tonight and the bartender service was terrible. This was my first time in the lounge area to see a band and I now know to get my drinks before I go in the lounge. The bar was full and it was busy, but not packed. There were 4 bartenders on and what appeared to be a manager but after 15 minutes of waiting for a drink, even after I waved my hand at one of them I decided to get my drinks from a bar outside the lounge area. These ladies were older and moved faster than the young ones in the lounge. Please hire more staff or have the bartenders pick up the pace

Visited November 2013
7 Thank Atthebeach65

Newark, Delaware
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Well, it is a casino”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you want to gamble, it is a casino.
they have slots, virtual table games and live table games.
If you want food, go somewhere else.
The deli is good, but if you want anything better, you can go top end, but I chose not to.
The casino is smoke free and the cocktail service was almost non existant.
I you play a $2 dollar black jack table, you have to pay 25 cents a hand to play, never heard of this before.

2 Thank THOMAS B
Virginia Beach, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Could have been better - nice surroundings”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nice casino but the slots just didn't seem to give. Would have been nice to get a few wins to keep us playing - we were out after just two hour. Buffet wasn't very good, food was luke warm and old and the staff wasn't very helpful when it came to requesting pasta bars and tacos. Waitress Natalie was very nice!

2 Thank Bill R
Lake Luzerne, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Tight machines”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Large casino with lots of different ways to lose your money. All areas were nice and clean. Very few bells ringing in the slot area where we played. Buffet was expensive and not very good. Wouldn't go out of my way to go back. Employees were not very friendly.

3 Thank wanderer696
Portsmouth, Virginia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Pleasant Distraction”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I use Dover as a weekday distraction when I just cant go to Vegas. So for this reason, it is pretty useful. Been to AC many times but never feel safe and always crowded with stinky dregs of society on weekends. All i am looking for is a clean room, table games and decent food. This really fits my purpose but it is not a real substitute for Vegas by any stretch of the imagination.(Neither is Atlantic City) But if you have a day to kill and want to practice up for a trip to vegas, then this mught be your spot too. Highly recommend it if you just cant get away to Vegas.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank yeldarb27

Been to Dover Downs Casino? Share your experiences!