“Went 4/28 and They had $5 blackjack & craps! Great table conditions, I will return!”
Review of Dover Downs Casino

Dover Downs Casino
Ranked #2 of 35 things to do in Dover
More attraction details
Owner description: A huge entertainment venue that features horse racing, a hotel and restaurant, plus 2,000 slot machines ranging from a nickel to $50 per play.
Virginia, USA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went to Maryland Live! last week and after seeing how crazy the minimums there were ($50-$100), I decided to go back to an old friend, Dover Downs Casino & Hotel. I used to go there long before they got table games, and I've been 1 time since they got table games. It takes an hour longer to get there from the DC area, but it was worth the extra drive.

The hotel is very comfortable, the buffet more than adequate, and this time I was literally shocked by how low the table minimums are! For Blackjack, they offer 6 decks, hand shuffled with a shoe, they stand on all 17's, and split to up to 3 hands. They cut off 1 deck, and play with 5. The side bet which is only on about 1/2 the tables is "In between". I was walking around the pit 11am on Sunday morning, and almost all of the the tables were $5 or $10 minimum, with plenty of space at any table you wanted. Craps, Roulette, Blackjack, poker... Every table had a $5 option. I've not seen this low of minimums ever in Atlantic City or anywhere on the east coast, except 1 day mid-week during a snowstorm. (I know this is because they are hurting from Maryland Live! getting tables)
While I had absolutely no luck yesterday, given the favorable conditions I saw there and how friendly all the staff was, I will be back. For anyone reading this from the Washington DC area that actually likes affordable tables, I'd skip Charles Town WV, skip Maryland Live!, and just come here. (As a backup, I'd say go to Borgata in Atlantic City if you need a "destination" experience) You might spend $4 on the bay bridge toll and $20 more on gas round trip, but at least you can play all day on $500 or less, and you cannot say that about any other casino in our area that is within a 2 hours drive.

4 Thank shawnr1

Lexington Park MD
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Nice, bright, lively casino”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I really liked being able to see everything clear to the back from one end. I'm not a table player, so i found many slots to choose from at multiple prices.

Dover, Delaware
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hotel, Casino, Monster Mile”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Mostly known by many for the Monster Mile aka NSCAR Racetrack, the Downs (as the Locals call it) has a great Hotel with nice big rooms. Also, there is a big, bright Casino that has many, many slots as well as Table Games and Poker Games on a seperate floor where they have Poker Tournaments.

Delaware, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Overnite visit with family”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We absolutely love Dover Downs Hotel & Casino. Yes, it is smoke free. It is bright, cheerful and spacious. They have a large variety of slot machines and many different denominations. The hotel treated us very nicely (one room was comped and the other a trip-advisor special). All four of our dinners at the buffet were delicious and all four of us only have praise for our breakfasts. We enjoyed watching the race car (by lap) drivers since the horse racing was finished the weekend before. Karioke by Doc's was fun to watch and we managed to bring home a tiny bit of their money. A good time was had by all and we plan to make it a getaway again.

Atlanta, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Ching Ching!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Yeah...they say you cant win on penny machines but I am here to tell ya...YES YOU CAN! I took a bus trip to this casino and had an absolute ball! The casino isn't too big or small and never seems to be overcrowded. If you choose to indulge with the casino, it is smoke free and the buffet allows you to overlook a racetrack. ENJOY and GOOD LUCK!

Visited January 2013

Been to Dover Downs Casino? Share your experiences!