“Smoke free casino” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dover Downs Casino

Dover Downs Casino
Ranked #2 of 35 things to do in Dover
More attraction details
Owner description: A huge entertainment venue that features horse racing, a hotel and restaurant, plus 2,000 slot machines ranging from a nickel to $50 per play.
Pennsauken, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Smoke free casino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Love the smoke free casino and full range of games. Many dining choices and plenty of free parking.l

Visited May 2012

Fredericksburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If your in the mood to donate.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Dover (to me) is the perfect place for me to unwind, and enjoy good casino action. Not only do you have the slot machines, table games and food, but if you have a moment to spare I suggest going to Toppers spa. It was a nice place to relax, work out the stress, and get into a good mood before I donated my extra cash to the casino fund. Overall, I had a wonderfull time and a good weekend getaway, again check out Toppers spa, for the $180.00 deep tissue massage (this is the extra time version) I paid for, it was worth it, I should have went to the spa after I donated, but "oh well".

Visited April 2013
Usa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice Casino, now with tables”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We use to go really often some years back (before table games) and would get many perks and free overnight stays with lots of free give-away gifts. The hotel is superior. We always enjoyed our overnight stays very much. Around the time of the economic downturn in 2008, the slots seem to not pay out quite as well (I guess so). That is when we stopped going frequently...so we no longer get the free overnight stays and monthly gift promotions. They use to have a lot of good shows that we were comp'd....but it doesn't seem like they have as many good shows as they use to...but it still is a very nice place to gamble and enjoy yourself. They have added many new restaurants in the past couple years.

Visited January 2013
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“First Visit to Dover Downs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our first visit to Dover Downs. We stayed overnight (Friday-Saturday). I really loved the fact that this is a smoke-free casino. What a difference it makes!!!

We had a king room on the sixth floor. The rate was $185. If you are military, show your I.D. and you will be given a 10% discount on your total bill. The room was very clean and well-appointed. The bathroom is huge. My only complaint would be "thin walls". We could hear the people talking in the room next to us. A lot of noise comes from the hallway.

There is a nice selection of restaurants. We had lunch at the oyster restaurant. The cost was about $50 for two soups, two salads and two sodas. The food was good, but the service very slow. We had dinner and breakfast at the Garden Cafe. Two omelettes, one O.J. and one diet soda came to 19.50. Dinner was $36.40 for two dinners and two sodas. We checked out the Buffet brunch. It looked very disappointing, with limited selections. I don't know the price.

My husband plays table games, and he liked the odds at Dover Downs. He felt they were better than other casinos in the area. Other than the casino being non-smoking, I was not happy with the slots. There is a very large selection, but they do not pay off at all. I know that slots are the worst, but I expect them to at least "play with me" for a while before taking my money. They are set very tight.

Would I go back? I don't know. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive for us. I like having the hotel and casino together. I think the biggest factor in not returning, for me, is the lack of "friendly" slots.

Visited March 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice casino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just bring more money!! LOL Friendly staff- Food is average but at least it is close by and free soft drinks.

Visited March 2013

Been to Dover Downs Casino? Share your experiences!