“Mid-week at the Ref Roof Inn, Dover”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Alexandria, Virginia
“Mid-week at the Ref Roof Inn, Dover”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a nice stay in the Red Roof Inn in Dover Delaware. The motel is undergoing a renovation, and it is already looks very good. There are new carpets in the halls, the rooms are very comfortable and have a microwave and fridge.

When traveling, we always pick up a coupon book at the rest areas on the highway, and then look for a motel that honors them. Doing so, saved us about $20 for this stay.

The folks at the desk were efficient and friendly, and the breakfast was OK. We would stay there again, for it is clean, well maintained, and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richard_Milsom
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Dover Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Vinay Patel

Red Roof Inn - Dover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Renovations are still in progress but the rooms are very nice. New large televisions with heaps of chennels. Excellent beds, which to me is most important. The bathroom decor is tasteful and modern. Overall a very good value.

The manager was welcoming and checkin was swift and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank SanDiablo
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear sanDiablo,

Vinay Patel

Red Roof Inn - Dover
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice Inn, we stayed again this year as we were pleased with it last summer also. Rooms are clean and quiet, nicely furnished, new TV's and free breakfast too. We had a room with king size bed, very comfy. The price was right. We are less than a half mile from the Dover Downs Casino, so we spent some time there. Thanks, Red Roof!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EmpressBarb
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to write a review about your stay. I have shared your comments with the staff to thank them for their work. I am happy hear that you enjoyed all of the features in the hotel and the room. Thanks again for all your great comments and I hope we are just as great the next time you visit.
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been a guest at this hotel four times and the service, cleanliness and the hospitality of the staff and owners is exceptional. Every need has been met with promptness, courtesy and followup. The rooms are kept spotless and the breakfast bar the same.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone making a trip and needing a stay in the Dover area. Red Roof needs to compliment this owner and staff as I have been a Hilton "frequent stay" and will now look for the same service at other Red Roofs. This needs a five star rating and I will write to Nascar and Fedex and suggest them as the recommended hotel for the Dover races.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Depoppop
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Depoppop,

Thank you for your loyalty and for your positive feedback. You kind words and high marks means so much to us as we work hard to ensure that your stay is satisfactory.We are modernizing and upgrading the hotel We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back home to the Hotel Red roof Inn,Dover,De
Acworth
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Grandsons (12 & 10) have been out of our lives for last nine years and haven't had the opportunity to meet granddaughter (4) due to son in laws 20 year commitment to United States Air Force, thank you Wes.
You can only imagine how important our first impression was to us so we chose to meet at the Red Roof in Dover, DE. We were greeted by Vinay Patel as if we were old friends at out "3:30 AM" check in.
While we weren't able to get the Medically Guaranteed ground floor room check in was fast and very professional. Our room was clean but a bit musky due to rain, hi humidity and a/c being turned off. The breakfast was adequate but like to have more variety, coffee was great, staff couldn't have been more friendly and attentive. Our six nite stay was almost like being at home, thank you Red Roof Inn staff.

Room Tip: When in Dover go see the Patels at Red Roof on DuPont!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Lloyd H
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments! On behalf of the Red Roof Inn Dover , we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay. Your kind remarks will be forwarded to the staff. We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again!
East Syracuse, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Check in was fairly quick. Stayed in room #203. This is a four story facility, with a smooth operating elevastor, which is good size for a motel.

#203 is a large room. Two queen beds, with two pillows each. Separate round writing table, two chairs, & floor lamp. Mico/fridge., both worked well. A/c wasn't on when arriving, with room on the warm side. In short time was down to 73F.

A chest with two deep drawers. An early 90's television with about 80 channels. However some channels listed won't be in the tv. But I was not staying to watch television. On check out I was told new flat screens would be installed in the near future.

Bathroom good size and very clean. THe sink area is bit of a drawback. Not much room for traveling items. NO hair dryer. Good size mirror over the sink, with very bright lights over the mirror. A wall rack with four wooden hangers. Being on the second floior, hot water for shower in short time. Shampoo in packet, not bottle. Two small bars of soap. I always bring my own soap & dish. Bathroom has hardwood floor. Plenty of towels. Separate light switches in bathroom & sink areas.

This was my third Red Roof Inn in nine months. R.R.I. is becoming my home away from home. Before Red Roof I stayed in a La Quinta Inn fior six days before arriving here. This facility was a steo or two above La Quinta.

The closest restaurant is Kirby & Holloway Family Restaurant, about 60 yards awasy. Had both supper & breakfast, a guest couldn't go wrong eating here.

An Indian family operates this facility, however no problems with accents.

If this Red Roof had bottle shampoo & hair dryer, I would have given five stars. These two factors would not stop me from a possible reservation in the future if in the Dover area. No hesitation.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Jack L
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We thank you for your comments regarding our property, our location, our rooms, and our staff. We installed the 39" LED TV's and new mattress with new bedding in all rooms.
We thank you for your recommendation and for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn,Dover, Delaware
Nova Scotia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hotel exterior and parking lot was clean, easy to access hotel and right next door to liquor store. Check in/out was the usual with nice friendly staff. My room was on the 3rd floor which looked like it is being renovated as a trim pieces were missing etc. The room was nice. One thing to mention. When I peeled the covers off the bed there was a long black stand of hair on the sheets(I am going to assume it was the house keepers). The bath room floor looked like it needed to be mopped as it appeared to be dirty, and in the shower there are no shelves on the tub surround so when I went to put my soap on the top ledge of the tub surround, I saw someone else had left there old soap there. Overall I will stay at a red roof inn for value in any place I travel to. I don't think house keeping was up to snuff on this stay. I am not sure if this is a one time thing or a continual issue here. It was my first stay here.
Breakfast was ok for a grab and run thing. I didn't mention my concerns on check out as I really didn't want to get into it at that time. Next time in the area I would check out other facilities to compare as this stay didn't give me that want to come back soon feeling but it was ok.

Room Tip: My room was facing the road. There was a lot of noise from hot rods and Motorcycles driving by. Yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Mollyg
We thank you for taking the time to post your experience regarding your stay on Trip advisor.We appreciate your comments regarding parking lot, our rooms, our staff.

We apologize for the soap in the bathroom; the issue has been addressed with the housekeeper . if you had indicated the problem to front desk, she would have changed your room. We apologize for the inconvenience.