“A good clean comfortable hotel with a staff dedicated to pleasing their guests.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed April 20, 2013

For the past couple of years my wife and I have made frequent 2-3 day trips to Delaware to look around the area for possible retirement homes.

We have stayed in almost every hotel/motel in the area. We now stay the Red Roof Inn-Dover as it is centrally located and only about an hour's drive to anywhere in the state.

The property has improved greatly in the past year. On this trip we noticed fresh paint and new carpeting.

As one reviewer stated, it isn't the Ritz BUT you can't beat the value and the staff's desire to make your stay comfortable and pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Hello, and thank you for your review. I would like to let you know that our property is scheduled for complete renovation this year. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Dover,De,Red Roof. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night. Room was clean - bed comfortable - breakfast sufficient to get you off to a good start. Checked in late without reservation but was warmly welcomed. Location easy in and out - convenient to Dover Downs. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Dover Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Vinay Pate

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We've stayed many times in Red Roof Inns, and are really pleased with the remodelling and upgrading they are performing in many of their locations. The really comfortable beds at this quality location, like some of the others, is a definite plus. Our overnight stay was very restful. The gentleman at the concierge was even kind enough to reassign us to an alternate room that was available early because I was feeling ill, and inquired about my status as we left the next day. This hotel was in an excellent location for dining within walking distance. We would definitely choose this Red Roof Inn if we visit this area again. Their rates were definitely competitive.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor seemed to be located in groupings, which made them all convenient to t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Dover Red Roof.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Running a small hotel in New England, we appreciate cleanliness and overall value of this hotel. Very comfortable mattresses are a bonus. Easy access on and off highway is very convenient when traveling long distance.

• Stayed: February 2013
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Dover Red Roof .

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn for 2 weeks during the holidays. I have stayed at them before but this was the best experience I have ever had. My partner had recently had knee surgery and could not walk very far. The manager upgraded our room to one closer to the elevator and did not charge us anymore. Everyone was very considerate and wanted to make sure that we had a great stay and the room was very clean. The only problem we had was noisy neighbors but one call down to the front desk and that problem was taken care of. We will definitely be staying there any time that we are in Dover.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for letting us know about your positive experience during your stay at Red Roof Inns Dover,De. We will be sure to forward your comment to our staff members. Stop by to see us again soon. We will be sure to keep up the good work.

Thanks

GM

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've been staying at Red Roofs lately because They typically offer a good nights stay at a reasonable price. This one however was better than most. The Front Desk attendent, Daniel, was very pleasant and gave me directions to several places. The location was in a good place, the room was clean and comfortable. I slept well. They even had microwaves and refrigerators in ALL rooms (usually you need to upgrade your room to get that at most Red Roofs). They even had a continental breakfast, which is very unique for a Red Roof. Perhaps the only thing I spotted during my stay was that a wall was damaged slightly outside of the elevators on the third floor. It was probably a recent guest that caused the damage. Good stay, I'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lbarker
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Dover Red Roof.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed many, many times at the Red Roof Inn in Dover, Delaware when visiting my sister. The staff is top notch. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable. This is an extremely good value. There is plenty of fresh perked coffee flowing all day and they offer a free breakfast every morning. This isn't the Ritz but if you want a clean, comfortable, friendly place to lay your head, this is where to stay when in Dover.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Art R
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Keep in mind our hotel is scheduled for a complete renovation this year and we look forward seeing you again.

TripAdvisor is one of the top travel reviews Internet sites that allow travelers to read and write reviews about hotels nationwide. Your review helps others make their choice of hotel with confidence.

Vinay