“Very Nice after our initial UN cooperative treatment on the phone”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We had a bad taste in our mouth initially after we called to request two beds and were rudely told that they couldn't
Change our reservation since we booked through Priceline, and if they did we would cancel and not pay them( which is not even an option). After calling Marriott corporate and them calling the hotel and getting the same rude answer, we called the next day and finally got our reservation changes to two beds.
That thankfully was the worst part of the trip. The rooms were ok, breakfast was very good, with a huge lobby and a great selection of breakfast items.
The pillows were horrible though, very flat and smushy.. But the TV was good with tons of channels.
The location was ideal for us since we were at a convention
At Dover Downs.
Restaurant across the street( diner) had great food but slow service.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed May 15, 2012

You expect a clean room , towels and a decent bed.
This is what you get at the Fairfield.
A good clean stay and the staff was nice

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This Fairfield Inn is worthy of the Marriot name. The hotel was clean, our bed was comfortable, the staff exceptional and the pool and spa well cared for. We had one problem...our key would not let us into the pool. The maintenance man, who just happened to be walking down the hallway stopped and asked me if there was a problem. He then let us into the pool and then took my card to figure out the problem. Fifteen minutes later he came into the pool area with my new card. The service continued with exceptional service the next morning at breakfast. The hostess was helpful, very friendly and concerned that we got the breakfast we wanted. Stellar service all around. Will definitely be returning to this one when we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

stayed for a night on Easter weekend-easter bunny met me on elevator Sat. morning! When I called for addtional towels they brought them right up...We had a rear room so noise was not a factor...from check in to check out staff was very attentive...my grandchildren loved the pool...breakfast had a great variety of food...

Room Tip: rear rooms there is no noise factor...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear marydelila48,

It’s great to know you and your family enjoyed your stay, it was our pleasure to have you with us and we’re glad you had a chance to meet the Easter bunny! Thanks for your kind comments, we hope to see you again soon.

Take care,

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed here for business. The hotel sits right on the main drag which was both good and bad. Good because there were a lot of restaurants in the area, but there was also a lot of noise. Next time I would request a room on the rear of the property. The rooms were an adequate size and the bed was comfortable. The furnishings were what you would expect for a hotel room under $100. The fitness center was two nice treadmills and some dumbells. I did not use them, but there was also a pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: Back of the propertt...less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel ThePoundcake! We appreciate your input and hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Dover.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2012

In January 2012 my family all came to Dover for our mom's funeral. I don't remember how many rooms we had but I believe it was around 8 or so. When I called ahead of time to get rates we were given a really great (bereavement) rate. The person on the phone could not have been any nicer. We had a couple of snafus at check in, only because several family members have the same name, but all was handled quickly & efficiently by the desk staff. Everyone was very satisfied with their rooms. In my room there was a loud heating unit & they came up immediately & fixed it. The pool was being resurface while we were there, however, arrangements were made for the kids to use the pool next door. We congregated in the eating area at all times of the day & night & the staff was very nice about asking us if we needed anything. Because there were so many of us we pretty much dominated the morning breakfast & both of the ladies who worked there were so accommodating to all of us & especially all of the small children with us. It was a very long week for all of us & the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful & accommodating to us. I, unfortunately lost my calendar/planner at the airport on the way home which is where I had all of the names of the staff I wanted to say thank you to. So I'll just say thank you to them all. They were terrific!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear MCPinAtlanta,

It was truly our pleasure to have you and your family stay with us, although we wish it had been under better circumstances, you have our condolences. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, the entire team was excited when I shared your review with them. Please come back to see us again the next time you’re in Dover.

All the best,

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Beautiful lobby, the front desk told me the hotel was only 6 years old. Our room was small, noise outside from the road was very loud. The pool was nice, the fitness center ok, the breakfast was average. The closet had a broken handle, no alarm clock in the room, lots of wear and tear for a 6 year old property. My major disappointment was we left the first morning at 9 so they could clean the room, We returned at 2:30 and the room had not been touched. I went down the hall and the cleaning lady said well there are only 2 of us for the entire property we will get there soon. I wanted to nap so we just got fresh towels and didn't have the room cleaned. The staff was friendly and helpful but it is average at best..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Truly yours,