“EXCELLENT HOTEL & "BIG" DOG FRIENDLY”
Review of Hampton Inn Dover

Hampton Inn Dover
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Fellow travelers,

Can't say highly enough that you should stay at the Hampton Inn in Dover. The hotel is new and clean. All of the hotel staff are extremely personable and the front desk agent (bless her heart) let me check in a wee bit early due to my trip going quicker than planned. The hotel is in a great location in close proximity to a Wal Mart and several restaurants. As a solo traveler, I felt exceptionally safe.

The rooms are fantastic - comfortable, clean and fantastic. Best part the hotel allowed my 100 lb Labrador to stay in the room with me and did not charge me an additional pet surcharge. (Note, call reservation desk before you make your reservation to confirm that the pet rooms are still available). The hotel has designated "pet rooms" which are near a back exit that has tons of lawn immediately outside.

The breakfast in the morning was incredible and the best part the room price was exceptional!

Overall, I will stay at this hotel again the next time I am in Dover. If you are undecided on a hotel in Dover, look no further. Hard to go wrong at the Hampton Inn in Dover.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MelnScott
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

We are so happy to have accommodated you and your lovely canine on your trip through or too Dover, we are looking forward to having you again on your next trip or visit. Have a great year!!

Reviewed November 29, 2010

Having stayed at other properties in Dover, this by far has been the best one. The staff was very friendly at both check in and check out. The property is located close to restaurants some within walking distance. We choose to drive to eat and then use the free shuttle from Dover Downs as transportation to and from their location. The staff called for the shuttle and it arrived within 5 minutes. The shuttle stops running at 2 AM so consider that in your plans. I would not recommend walking to Dover Downs although it can be done. It is about a mile and you must cross the highway. The room was spacious and clean the bed was great. In room refrigerator was a definite plus. The free breakfast was very good with many choices. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Dover.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HHHudson

We are so happy to have accommodated you on your stay to or through Dover. Yes, our breakfast is renowned among our guests. Please recommend us for you or your friends next trip close by. We hope you have a great year and safe future travels.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

This was our first time traveling with our 'four-legged children' while needing to stay in a hotel. My husband and I have two labs (100 lbs each) and were nervous about where we could and could not stay during our time in Dover. I was extremely happy with the Hampton Inn. This hotel was extremely clean for allowing pets. One would never know that pets are allowed until you actually see one. The floors/carpets were clean, well-kept and pet hair free. The surrounding grounds were also well-maintained and there were no signs of doggie droppings around. The staff was very energetic and polite. They arranged a ground level floor for us so that we did not need to use stairs or elevators. Our room was righ near one of the rear enterances, which worked quite well for us having two dogs. The continental breakfast was good, but typical. Cheese omlett, bagels, yogurt, fruit... There was a 'computer center' which has one public use computer for anyone to use. The bed was actually very comfy! There is a Walmart within walking distance and a PetSmart about a mile down the road. The Dover Downs are about 3 miles from the hotel. At the time of our visit it was only slot machines. However, they are anticipating haveing live card games some time around June/July 2010. I will definitely stay here my next trip to Dover.

Our trip to Dover was for The Monster Mile driving experience and I would HIGHLY recommend that to anyone. Please feel free to email me with any questions.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cbitter13

We are so happy to have accommodated your family and your lovely canine companions, yes we are a very pet friendly hotel, most of our Pet designated rooms are located near our back exits right onto our back big open lawn. We hope to see your and your family on your next trip to or through Dover. Have a great year!

Reviewed April 11, 2010

I stayed Friday and Saturday night there and everything was way above what I expected.
I heard the hotel was remodeled within the last year. All appliances were new. The bed had a cozy comfy bed spread and several very comfy pillows. It felt so warm and welcoming in the room. When I asked the desk clerk for anything, no explanation or arguments, they simply brought what I asked for right to my room. I cannot say enough good things about my stay here, you have to experience it your self. The breakfast had SO many great choices, and yes, the coffee was really really good. I could not be happier and can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

We are so happy to have accommodated your stay above your expectations, yes our breakfast is renowned among all of our guests, please recommend our hotel to your friends on their next trip to or through Dover, We hope your year is going to be a exciting and eventful one.

Reviewed October 25, 2009

Very friendly staff, beautiful spacious rooms, very good breakfast, and a very nice work out room. All that and their coffee is really, really good. Resonable rates, felt we got a good value.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We stopped here for a night on our way back from the Delaware beaches. The room was well decorated. The bathroom spacious with corner vanity and enough towels for the whole family. We enjoyed the outdoor pool on a hot July evening. The linens were comfortable, even a velux blanket in the drawer. We would happily stay here again. The breakfast bar was wonderful! The pastries and muffins were fresh. There was a variety of fresh fruits, yogurt, breads and good coffee. Used internet in our room.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank PSNoble
hamptondover, Owner at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2009

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Dover. We know there were many choices for you, and our amenities are a reason many choose our hotel. Hope to have you stay with us again the next time you visit Dover.

Reviewed July 27, 2008

Me and my family were on our way back to New England from North Carolina. We rented a room at the Hampton Inn. Our room was wonderful and the whole hotel was wonderful. The hotel's pool was dirty but it was a outdoor. The breakfast was wonderful.
It was the best place for the best price

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travelerforlife89

We are very eager to have you stay with us again when you are traveling through our area. Thank you for choosing our hotel!