“Bad Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Bad Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The property as a whole was nice, as Hampton Inns usually are. However, This was one of the worst attended breakfasts we have found. The Breakfast hours were 0600 - 0930 ( I believe) During this time I personally observed the attendant outside smoking three times. When we got to B-fast at 0830, The Waffle batter container was empty, the egg entre container was empty, the potato container was empty, the OJ dispenser was empty, the milk in the pitchers was room temperature. It took at least 30 mins for any of these items to be refilled.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Cindy P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip adviser review. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. From your commentsI see that there is room for improvement and I assure you that my team and I will work hard to make necessary improvements. Please know that the breakfast issues have been addressed with my staff and I do apologize for any inconvenience.
Please let me know what we can do to make your next stay better.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before and it was a pleasant surprise. The Inn was very clean and comfortable. My room was very nice, especially the bathroom. The breakfast was great with several options. The staff was professional and courteous. I liked the fact that the comforters are cleaned after every visitor. I will definitely stay at a Hampton Inn in my future travels.

• 5 of 5 stars
Cindy P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stay at Hampton Inns and other Hilton properties quite frequently when traveling on business. I stayed at this Hampton Inn as a stop on my way to a vacation destination. The room, front desk personnel, etc. is what you would expect from any other Hampton Inn, but I was disappointed with the breakfast. I admit the dining area was crowded with a number of families, but there were two hot breakfast stations that were empty that took a long time to refill, perhaps because only one woman seemed to be on duty. In any case, the hot offerings included only what appeared to be frozen egg and cheese omelets, sausage, french toast sticks and waffles. Not a huge deal since I used Hilton Honors points to "pay" for the room, but I expect more when staying at a Hampton Inn, and ended up getting breakfast on the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced with the breakfast and I assure you that this has been addressed with my staff.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stopped in Dover due to a storm. This hotel is located behind a Sheraton . I have never noticed it before. While searching the internet for a quick room..I found this. Wow what a find! Parking was great. Very clean reception area, very professional, friendly staff at the front desk. Check in was quick since I had called an hour before arrival. Room was very inviting and very clean. TV selections available were numerous and high speed internet was quick not bogged down like so many hotels we have been in. Location was great...near the mall and interstate. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and the selection was VERY impressive. Choices included scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast stiscks,make your own waffles, bowl of fruit, hot oatmeal, boiled eggs, variety of cereals, pastries, bagels, teas, coffees and juices. We didn't come down for breakfast until 9:45 and everything was still available. Pool is outdoor pool and this I see as a drawback but not enough to keep me from returning. Will definitely put this on our return list if we are in the area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. It is our goal to make your stay 100% satisfactory. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is located on Route 13 in Dover and is surrounded by pavement. The only reason to stay there is location. It is convenient to Delaware State, Dover Speedway, Dover Downs, and Wesley College, among other things.

The rooms are on the small side. The room was sufficient for my 13 year old and me, but I think a family of 4 would kill one another in the limited space. While small, the room was very clean, the furnishings appropriate and in good condition, the beds comfortable. The bathrooms, however, are large for hotels of this type.

The breakfast, which is included in the rate, was more than adequate. It included scrampled eggs, hash browns, breakfast meat, hot and cold cereal, fruit and fruit salad and yogurt. Coffee and non-alcoholic drinks were available all day and free cookies after 3.

The pool is outdoors and quite small. 5 feet at its deepest. The hotel had noodles for the kids (We were there for a tournament) to use and was reasonable about allowing the kids to use the pool after its official closing time because the parents were present.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. The refrigerator in our room was not working on check-in, but one call to the desk and it was replaced immediately with a working unit. We didn't have a microwave in our room, nor did any of the families with which we were travelling. When our boys finished playing late, the staff had menus for restaurants that would deliver and the names of places that would be open late and appropriate for adolescents.

The only criticism I have is that the fitness room is really small and the treadmill was not working the weekend we were there.

On the whole, our experience at this Hampton Inn was unquivocably positive and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor response. We always appreciate your comments so that we may improve. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here one night on our way to other destinations. Hotel was very nice;
Great staff, very friendly. A little hard to find, it is behind another hotel. Rate was very good. On the main road through Dover.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor response. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed July 13 -14 and the hotel is conveniently located and easy to find. Room was rather small with a microwave, refrigerator. The room was fully stocked and clean. The air conditioner was a little loud but worked great. Complimentary breakfast was until 10am and was the Hampton Inn breakfast you expect, eggs, sausage, make your own waffle, ceral, fruit etc. The staff at breakfast was helpful and even kept out the cold items (bagels, muffins, donuts etc) longer than 10am so those that came down late didnt get turned away with nothing. As always the 24 hour complimentary coffee & tea is a plus. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If in the area again I would definately stay there.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve. We look forward to seeing you in the future.