Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dover
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino(Dover)
View Hotel
All reviewshi expressbreakfast hostesswithin secondsfree breakfastroom was cleanpancake machinenice bedfifth flooroff the highwaycinnamon rollsseparate bedroomgreat stopfront desk staffqueen suitewould stay here againgreat roomup to date
Reviewed November 13, 2012

So we we lost all power due to Hurricane Sandy and Dover was the closest hotel we could find to Long Island for heat and hot water so we took the drive not knowing what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised and very satisfied with this hotel.

The hotel lobby is very well presented. For me, I get an expectation of what's to come by a hotel lobby and when I walked in to this lobby, I immediately said "ok this is nice" and hoped the rooms lived up to the lobby and it did. The rooms were comfortable and will not disappoint. The come equipped with a microwave and refrigerator and if you have left anything like toothbrush, combs etc, the hotel will give you these items and other free of charge.

Three other nice features of this hotel are:
1. Free wifi
2. Free breakfast. This breakfast is not just bagels and muffins, it's inclusive of pancakes made at the touch of a button with the pancake machine, eggs, cereal, granola bars, waffles, bacon, sausage, hot cinnamon rolls, a variety of juices and if this is not enough there were more items to choose from.
3. Lastly, the hotel had computers in the lobby to check your emails and play games etc. if you didn't have a computer with you

In addition to the great internal assets of the hotel, it is very centrally located to a lot of things to do. You are less than 5 minutes from the mall, the movies, the casino, multiple places to eat and shopping areas. It was wonderful to be able to get to places quick. And if you ever get really hungry and don't want to go far, a McDonalds is literally 20 steps outside the hotel doors. This added bonus worked out well for our friends who got hungry late and utilized option.

Downsides to this hotel are: the small gym and if you care about swimming, the pool is small and outside.

Overall, this was a great hotel. There are a lot of hotels in the area other bigger and "better" brands, but I must tell you we chose the best hotel for us. The manager Mr. Fox found out we were there due to our inconvenience of Hurricane Sandy, and he and his staff went out of their way on several fronts to ensure were were comfortable. This part of the stay was invaluable!! To have a caring staff that worries about you made the Holiday Inn Express a must stay for me whenever I am in Delaware.

I encourage you to try it out, I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I came to Dover to go to Dover Downs but refused to pay the prices for DD's room. I used my points to stay at this Holiday Inn. The room was immaculate and super modern. The lobby was very nice as well. The staff was really nice and helpful. Also, the complimentary breakfast was AMAZING considering it was free. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stay here a couple of times a year for a dog agility trial in the area. This is an extremely comfortable hotel. We mostly stay in one of the suites which are very spacious and comfortable and the regular rooms are also very spacious and comfortable. They have a wonderful hot breakfast in the morning. The staff are very gracious and welcoming. We appreciate that theya re pet friendly also!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked this for an overnight for business about 2 weeks ago. Was pleasantly surprised with the decor and liked that the hotel was close to the highway.

I settled in to work and saw a bug run across - I killed it. Took it to the lobby and was told that it was only a cricket. They offered to move me but at 10 pm to move all my paperwork and downgrade wasn't an option...and I figured how many crickets could there be.

Low and behold I should have moved. There was another cricket in the bathroom in the morning

How crickets get into a hotel, let alone the 3rd floor is beyond me.

I am seeking a full refund from the hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sherryRTR
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I travel a fair bit for work, and while most hotels start to seem the same there are notable exceptions and this is one. The rooms that myself and my coworkers ended up with were spacious single rooms, with a large lounging area instead of a desk inside a bedroom. Bathroom may need some updating as it looked dated, but was very pleased about not having to unwind in a cramped space. Will be headed back to Dover in a few weeks and will be headed back here.

Of note - Had a room right outside the elevators, was concerned about noise through the night. No problems. Room is deep enough that I couldn't hear anything unless I really tried.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business