“Really nice clean new hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Dover
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Calgary, Canada
“Really nice clean new hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Very nice hotel. Near restaurants. Great staff and very nice rooms and out door pool Great for business and families.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Montpelier, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed in Dover on July 24th and 25th. Hotel was just redone a couple of months ago. Very nice. All the staff was very friendly. The pool looked very nice. We did not use it. Our room was very nice. Had a fridge and microwave, and a small sink. Would definitely choose to stay here again. Would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Dover area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mwp1018
holidayexdover, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dover, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Our staff was very happy to give you a comfortable stay! Our guests are always family to us!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

I just stayed at this Holiday Inn Express , and i Have to say i havent stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in years that was this beautiful, I absolutely loved it, I Walked into the hotel and was just blown away by Fresh Aroma in the air , The Well Dressed and Well smiled Front Desk Clerk. I was at ease, My stay was just wonderful, The warm Breakfast in the morning hit the spot before my morning run. When i checked out , I made sure that i let the Front Desk Clerk know about how much i loved it , and she stated" Well im gald u enjoyed the stay u will have to come back soon" Right after she said that i said your right , How about i come back again the following week , Again my stay was wonderful

Mr. Stewart

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Barnett79
Thank you for an excellent review and thank you for staying with us again just one week after the first stay! You will have to come back again soon!
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

I'm a Platinum Priority Club Member who stays at Holiday Inns several times each month. We stayed here 7/4/11 due to a work situation that I needed to address. I had my family with me including my mother so I reserved two rooms. My room was upgraded which was very nice. The hotel was recently renovated and looked nice except for the child's bathing suit that sat on the lobby floor all day??? Around 5pm I took my son to the pool (which had no towels) and was greeted by five children who were splashing around and going nuts in the pool. One of the Children approximately one year old and still in diapers fell in the pool and I had to grab him and get him out of the pool...I gave him to his mother. As the parents were leaving with their kids each one of them grabbed a pool towel, got into their vehicle and drove away perhaps that's where the towels went). The next day my mother and wife tried to contact corporate and were eventually re-routed to the hotel manager. They explained what happened and showed her pictures of the people and as we suspected they shouldn't have been there...this is why we were trying to contact corporate because we knew that they were friends of someone at the hotel. My wife emailed the manager the pictures as she requested she said that she was going to let the GM know. We haven't heard anything back from them...not even a "thank you for preventing a liability to our hotel." This is why I would have never contacted the hotel management...I would just not go there again. Why should I do them a favor by helping them fix their problems? They should be helping me! I'm the customer!

Room Tip: the suites were very nice
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank HolidayInncritic
It is the Holiday Inn Express’s intent to provide excellent service and hospitality to our guests, and not only meet, but also to exceed our guest’s expectations. A guest’s comments are always very important to us as they let us know how we measured up to their expectations. This is certainly a matter that will be looked into. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Please allow us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

I stayed here over July 4th Weekend and it was the best stay I have ever had at a Hotel. The staff was very friendly especially the Breakfast attendant. The Breakfast Room was very clean along with the entire Hotel even with the recent renovations the Hotel looks amazing!!!!!! And it was a plus to see the fireworks only a few blocks away! I will plan my stays in Dover at this Hotel for the future. And next time I will definitely bring the wife and kids with me!!!! Loved the pool also!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank clyde6
Amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that your stay was fabulous. We hope to have your family stay with us again soon.
Kaiserslautern, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

We booked a suite for 1 night while traveling. Our flight got in late, so we didn't get to the hotel until about 1:00am. The night clerk was sitting in the lobby watching TV upon our arrival. She was by all means friendly and probably could have answered any questions, but after a long flight we were exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep. Outside of the room door I noticed something that looked like a dog food kibble, but I didn't think nothing of it...until we got in the room and I found 2 more! One was in the kitchenette sink, so I knew Housekeeping wasn't too meticulous. I didn't notice anything else completely out of the ordinary. The lobby was being remodelled while we were there. Based upon the new furnishing we saw, it looks like it will be very elegant and modern.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stefanier918
The Holiday Inn Express is always concerned to receive a report of issues in the room. It is our first priority to quickly address the concerns of our guests. We review Trip Advisor guests concerns and try to correct them as quickly as possible. Since it is our expressed commitment to make every guest experience an enjoyable one, it is very frustrating when our guests experience any discomfort. The comfort, satisfaction and trust of our guests are very important to us, and we extend our sincere apologies. Since your stay, our renovation has been fully completed and we hope that you will give us another chance for a more positive stay in the future.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stay out for business almost every week and never stayed at a hotel with beds as comfortable as this hotel. I even bought one for home like it. Friendly staff will help you with anything they can. Comfortable spacious rooms and a great price.

Room Tip: Join Priority club
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased to hear that you found our beds comfortable. We take pride in treating our guests with the highest level of customer service and we thank you for recognizing that. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future!