“Very Average - this time”

Frankie's at Dover Downs
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie's at Dover Downs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 197 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have been to Frankie's several times in the past but not in the last year or so. We have always enjoyed the service, food and environment. This trip you can cut out the "service" part. Our server was great. She quickly took our order and made some suggestions but it went downhill from there. The dipping oil for our bread was terrible - old vinegar that was encrusted at the bottom of the dish and impossible to mix with the olive oil on top of it. There were no added spices. We stuck with the butter as a result. The worst part of this visit was the 40 minute wait we had for our meal to arrive. Our server apologized profusely, and I complained to the manager. She took half off my meal as a result with the explanation that the chef was training new employees. For a Friday night this was unacceptable. The time to train is a weekday afternoon and not weekend. I doubt we will return anytime soon to Frankie's.

There are newer reviews for Frankie's at Dover Downs

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stopped in while staying at the hotel for a bite to eat after gambling and went to Frankie's. We had a pizza, the pizza was pretty good a little greasy though. The waitress Erin was very nice. The sauce did taste a little plain, but if your looking for pizza and your at the casino this is the place to go.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Food and service is very good. Atmosphere is great if you like Sinatra and the Rat-Pack. There's never a line for seating when I have been there. Good quality for the price.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were happily surprised with this place and plan to dine there again. Frank Sinatra-ish music is playing and there is a brick building feel inside. The garlic nots that come with your meal are incredible - that might be worth going here in itself. I had spagetti with seafood and my wife had manacotti we both were very happy with our meals. The server also mentioned that their chicken parm is fantastic. We had a bottle of wine and 2 entress and still kept the bill under $50. It's great food, value, and atmosphere.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

In reading the reviews here I've seen several comments such as "like sauce from a jar" and "sauce tastes like Chef Boyardee." Pretty funny, but true.

There were four members of our party, and we each ordered something different. One of the members of our party had spaghetti and meatballs and I tasted it and remarked that it looked like, and tasted like, something from a frozen dinner, not a fancy restaurant. Myself and another member of our party had brick oven pizzas. Not bad, but a bit underwhelming.

Working in a restaurant can be rough work. But restaurant managers, as well as servers, need to realize just how much the quality of service can impact how much you take away from a dining experience. The place did not look very busy. Our waitress had a bad attitude, she acted like we were interrupting her evening and did not seem to understand that she was there to serve us. The manager on duty never came over to ask how things were for us.

After eating at Doc Magrogans a few weeks earlier, and being pleasantly surprised with the great food at reasonable prices, the expectations for Frankies was to have a similar experience. The general consensus was a disappointing experience.

If you look at my reviews on Trip Advisor you will notice that the majority of my reviews are positive, and I rarely rate something as low as I have this place.

Dover Downs has a great collection of places to eat, unfortunately this is not one of them. On a recent Saturday night when we ate at Frankies the parking lot was full, and we were worried the restaurants would be busy. Doc Magrogans next door looked pretty busy, but Frankies was pretty dead. After our meal, I guess that pretty much illustrated why.

2  Thank Philosophyguru

Been to Frankie's at Dover Downs? Share your experiences!