“Should have known...”
Review of Dover Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dover
Dover Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that staff is very pleasant! The night desk clerk was very helpful with recommendations for dinner (she should have, however, recommended we stay somewhere else LOL) and everyone we saw was friendly. The sign on the window was the tip: it basically warned that you have five minutes from the time you check it to register a complaint or ask to change your room... and that rooms could only be looked at during housekeeping hours.

The room couldn't be called filthy or we'd have left in spite of the late hour... but there is next to zero maintenance done (baseboards were falling off the wall, etc.) and the room clearly hasn't been "deep cleaned" in ages. (I made the mistake of moving the night stand to access an electric outlet.) It's obvious whenever any sort of problem exists, a bandaid is slapped on... there is caulk smeared in places in the bathroom.

Two positives: the air conditioner seemed relatively new (although the wall below it suggests there might have been some sort of leak or something) and the door locks are electronic.

Room Tip: I doubt there is such a thing as a "good" room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Walter B

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Hair on the pillow cases, stains on the sheets. We slept on top of our beach towels and used clothes as pillows. Super outdated rooms but that was the least of its problems.... Stay anywhere else! The cheap price wasn't worth it!

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Roadtirp
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stayed here 2 weekends ago, as I was traveling to the Dover Nascar races. The hotel cost $500 per night due to the races! When we arrived in the room, it was regular motel style...the tv had cigarrette burns in it...the room reaked of smoke (and I say this even though I am a smoker)...and the bathroom looked like it was straight out of 1960 (and not in a good way). The walls were also EXTREMELY paper thin...and people were partying all night. This is not something I usually complain about, because I am such a heavy sleeper. I don't understand why they couldn't spend money remodeling the place, especially with charging $500 per night during the races for a 1 or 2 star motel! The ice machine was not working...and even if it was, it required you to pay in quarters! If I paid like $50-$75 a night, I wouldn't be complaining...but for $500 bucks...save your money and stay somewhere else...or better yet, stay 10-20 minutes from the race to really save and get a much nicer place! This is a prime example of how sometimes location is not everything!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple