“Great Burger, very tightly packed restaurant offers little wiggle roo,m.”
Review of Restaurant 55

Restaurant 55
Ranked #3 of 197 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This restaurant is another hidden gem in the Dover area. It has some of the dreariest outdoor painting in a steel gray that has a military kind of look. It offers a wide variety of burgers, beers, and other sandwiches. The appetizers were decently sized. I enjoyed the fried artichoke hearts.
The variety of designer muffins for dessert give this a homey touch. The service was slightly slower than I anticipated but they fill the glasses with plenty of drinks and encourage you to eat well. It is a place that I am sure to re-visit often.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant 55

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant because we were in that end of town. The food was very good. Our server was pleasant and efficient. The atmosphere...well we mentioned that we felt like we were in a cafeteria, much like one you would find in a museum. It was loud. There were kids but it was the overall noise of the patrons that made it almost unpleasant. We will likely go back at some point because the food really is quite good, but oh, maybe we can find a time when it is quieter.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I've been the restaurant 55 over 15 times, they never have disappointed me. . The use of local ingredients and ever-changing specials keeps his restaurant fresh. I love the sage burger in the beer selection is awesome. I recommend this restaurant to any out-of-towners and any locals just everyone the best restaurants in Dover. Just wish they were open on Mondays

1  Thank Chris V
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Had the tuna burger and my wife had the burger salad. Both were good, the tuna was a nice seared raw tuna with teriyaki sauce-good flavor. The cupcake dessert was also good. Nice friendly service, we will be coming back.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Yes, it's off the beaten path, but definitely very good food. Lots of locals eat here. I had a salmon burger with a big piece of salmon cooked perfectly. My husband's burger was delicious. We chose salad instead of fries. Very good quality. There's a large beer selection. Waitress did a nice job on a busy night.

Been to Restaurant 55? Share your experiences!