“Best Seafood in Delaware”

Reel Fresh Seafood Market & Crab House
Ranked #58 of 201 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family restaurant serving seafood and steaks daily, brunch on Sundays. Fresh seafood for take home; lobsters, crabs, fish and more.
Reviewed September 5, 2010

This reastruant is hands down has the best seafood in Delaware. They have a seafood market, with a case full of a huge variety of fresh fish. When you eat in you can select any fresh fish from the case and have that for your meal (This is what I do everytime I go). They will prepare it pretty much how ever you would like it, but I always tell my server to just go ahead and do chefs choice. It turns out perfect everytime. This may sound silly, but you have to get there fries as one of your sides, they are to die for!!! So if your in the delaware area and are looking for a laid back relaxing reastruant with great food be sure to stop by real fresh seafood!

1  Thank Jrn1989

Reviewed September 4, 2010

I have been going to Reel Fresh since the day they opened, and I have to say that I will continue to return. The fish is hand picked, several times a week, (4 days or more) the crabs brought in daily, hand sorted before and after steaming.

The Scallops are my favorite, sweet and cooked in a garlic sauce, and the shrimp salad. YUM!! (I am getting hungry thinking about it)

The service is good too, everyone is friendly and experienced. The atmosphere is like being at he beach!

If you haven't checked them out, you don't know what you're missing

1  Thank bunky513
Reviewed September 4, 2010

If you like restaurants for the quality of their food Reel Fresh is the place to go. I frequent Reel Fresh and have never even had a mediocre meal, they are always excellent. Everything is fresh daily and there is a huge variety for all tastes. Not only can you take out fresh seafood but there is also a beach themed dining area to relax and eat in. They have great specials and are very affordable considering the size and quality of the meals. I recommend it to everyone that enjoys good seafood, crabs included. They cater to everyone's needs whether you have a party of 15 or you are eating a solo lunch and even make trays and platters to cater parties. Give Reel Fresh Seafood a try and you are sure to be hooked.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

Went to this place for lunch in June 2010 with a party of 4. Food was unremarkable. Ordered the soup and salad for what I though was $7.95. Menu very misleading here...that's $7.95 per item, so my soup and salad lunch cost almost $16.00, and they didn't even have the soup that I really wanted (cream of crab). You can buy a soft drink out of their take out section frig for I think was $.85. But if you wanted to order the same thing with a glass and some ice it was $1.50. I was amazed when a friend I was with was charged $.35 to $.50 cents for sprinkling a little old bay on his french fries. Come on...really? Won't be seeing us again.

Disappointed in Delaware

5  Thank Mac1052
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I visit family in Dover and always make it a point to stop and eat at this restaurant. The food is always fresh and tasty, the service is excellant and the atmosphere is friendy.

Been to Reel Fresh Seafood Market & Crab House? Share your experiences!