“afterthought”

Reel Fresh Seafood Market & Crab House
Ranked #53 of 197 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family restaurant serving seafood and steaks daily, brunch on Sundays. Fresh seafood for take home; lobsters, crabs, fish and more.
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is a fish market with a few tables around a makeshift bar. Expensive, drafty, no atmosphere. Food was OK

2  Thank Princeless
There are newer reviews for Reel Fresh Seafood Market & Crab House

Reviewed October 9, 2011

and we now know why. This is our third time in the past two years that we have tried this place. First time, the service was awful. Food came out at all different times. It was hard to get drinks from the wait staff who kept disappearing into the kitchen. Second visit same thing happened. This time which was in October 2011. I ordered a bloody mary, Sorry no bloody mary mix. Okay, no problem. I'll get something else. We placed our order and the waiter comes back out to report that he had more bad news. I wasn't going to be able to get the 1/2 medium/large crabs that were a part of my order. The reason was, the owner decided that he was closing early tonight and didn't want to put crabs on the table. It was 6:30. We should have been told when we walked in that he was closing early. Not after being seated and served two drinks. We canceled our food order, paid for the drinks and went someplace else. The reason the place was empty is because the owner has no clue how to run a restaurant. Like I said, this was our third try and basically nothing changed. The decor is like a Florida Keys Bar, its not bad at all. Jimmy Buffet music playing, nice. If the decor is nice and the music is good, the only thing I can think of is they aren't running the place properly. He must make plenty of money with his seafood store. The best advertisement a business can get is by word of mouth. I guess that is why it was empty at 6:30 on a Saturday night......

3  Thank geden
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I believe the 5 star reviews are written by someone involved with this place because there is NO WAY that it is deserved (and I can't help but note that the 5 star reviews are first-time reviewers).

This is a little place in a strip mall, nothing special at all. Prices are high, food is mediocre and it not worth visiting. There is a Pizza Hut next door that is closer to gourmet than this place.

I won't return unless I need a laugh.

7  Thank Bigguy425
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Reel Fresh is exactly that...FRESH! You can't find this quality of seafood anywhere else in DE...try your hand at cooking fish yourself (recipes provided for the asking!) or take the family out to eat in the beach themed dining room. The staff is fun and enthusiatic and the owners are truly dedicated to their business and their patrons- they take the time to do it right. Very flexible and a wide variety of options for any budget! Highly recommend the tilipia, cajun catfish (platters for about $10!) and salmon. Fish nuggets for the kids and HUGE crabs for the adventurous. Great place!

Reviewed November 10, 2010

we were there on a friday and on sunday there were closing for 2 weeks so that may have influenced things.

there was not a great choice of fish available. I am on a restricted diet and the wait person could not make any substitutions to what came with the meal because she couldn't punch it into the computer. no button for a change. the place was not that busy so the lack of flexibility seemed a bit much.

also my husband ordered a mixed salad that specified assorted greens. the waitress told us all they had was iceberg but they charged the same as for the more expensive type salad. guess that was all she could do re the computer.

the fish was over cooked. overall not an inspiring meal or service.

would not go back and would not recommend

7  Thank Joanel

Been to Reel Fresh Seafood Market & Crab House? Share your experiences!