“Nice hotel, friendly people”

Holiday Inn Dover Downtown
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean and in a great location. I loved all the assistance that I got with my bags. I was amazed by how friendly and helpful the staff were as well. Even so far as escorting my mother (who came to visit) back to my room from the front desk. A great experience and truly helpful workers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tmhchevelle13
Deborah O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments! On behalf of the Holiday Inn Dover Downtown, we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay. Your kind remarks will be forwarded to the staff. We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again!
Deborah O'Neill

Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you need to know how to say "Excellent Customer Service", look for Deborah. I hope that she does not mind me blasting her name on the internet; however, Deborah was more than OUTSTANDING and yes, I am shouting it. Deborah O is OUTSTANDING and the rest of the staff at the Holiday Inn - they are a match. Most definitely an excellent match. The staff at this Holiday Inn know what CUSTOMER SERVICE IS and they VALUE YOU AND IT.

2:30 in the morning, I am in the casino, I am tired, I have worked all day the previous day. I make reservations on a certain bidding internet site (the name I will not tell you, but look for Captain Kirk - if you got my message). I did not notice that my reservation was for 3 p.m. and not 3 a.m. Deborah stated to me - call them - they did not want to budge (it's our policy, once you pay, that is it). Deborah stated - let me talk to them - have them call me. Deborah put her
"A game" on. Although she was probably off by the time we finally did check in - she was there - patiently waiting. I felt like a queen. Anything I wanted, it was there. The rooms were clean and perfect, just as I expected my service to be.

Mr. Manager - if you have not given your staff a raise - you really need to consider it. They are definitely keepers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on business, and stayed in a King room. My room was spotless, and the mattress was very comfortable, so I had a good night's sleep. It appears the hotel was recently renovated, and the whole hotel has a very warm contemporary look. Dover Downs is very close by and the wifi worked great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lizi71
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while attending an event at Dover Downs, it was clean, close to where I needed to be and was a good price.

The hotel seems to be very newly renovated and the staff at the desk were very nice.

Room Tip: Stayed on first floor and parked on the side of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night with my wife. The room (138) was surprisingly comfortable for the price they were charging, it was large enough and in decent condition. Our room had a king-size bed for no additional cost over the standard rooms. The bathroom was clean and well-lit.

All in all this should have been a pretty positive review... Except that in the morning when I got up to take a shower the hot water was the rather offputting color of urine. Apparently this was a city-wide issue although that explanation doesn't explain why only the hot water was affected. It sounds more like an internal plumbing problem to me.

The front desk told me they couldn't do anything about it, and since the room was bought through Priceline they couldn't adjust my rate, so they just gave me a couple of bottles of drinking water. They also couldn't tell me whether the water was even safe to use or hazardous to health.

Apart from that, the sound insulation is not great, I could hear people walking around on the upper floor or next door late at night which was irritating but I didn't really have huge expectations of a relatively budget inn so apart from the disgusting water problem I wouldn't dwell on that so much.

• Stayed: February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear c_esined,

Thank you for the candid review of our property. I am happy that you found our room accommodations to be comfortable enough for your needs. However, I deeply regret the inconvenience experienced with the condition of the bathroom facility and noise levels on site. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here last night. When I arrived, Fast check in. Room was a lot nicer than I expected, clean, spacious. Bed was super comfy. Staff was friendly. Check out Was a breeze too. I will definitely come back ,4 stars!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have stayed at many Holiday Inn and I can say that I'm very satisfied at every Holiday Inn we stayed in. Bed is comfortable; lobby is nice; hallways are clean; pool and restaurant lounge are available and most happy about is that some of Holiday Inn are dog friendly; however, this particular Holiday Inn is not. I am a Priority Club Member and sometimes, we get some or little perks for being loyal.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business