“Great hotel”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel”
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We were here for our son's retirement after 33 yrs in th USAF. we had 6 rooms for family.We all agreed we really liked this hotel.the pool & hot tub was very nice.The grandkids especially loved the pool. Breakfast was good ,beds comfortable No complaints whatever! I must Thank the one person who checked most of us in, She always had a smile Answered our many questions about the area,and made our stay extra special. Roxy!!! She welcomed usas soon as we walked in and very quickly made us feel at home.Thank you again Roxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Norfolk, New York
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn over the Thanksgiving holiday. The staff was friendly (even when working on the holiday) and the room was spacious and up-to-date. We particularly appreciated the microwave and mini-fridge in the room. We had a wonderful time, and I will definitely stay here again during future visits to Dover. In addition, the cost was very reasonable for the quality of the hotel. If you're staying in Dover, even if you think this property may be out of your price range, give it a look. It's a great value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We stayed at the hotel on the way to Reheboth Beach. Great decor, spacious rooms, neutrogena bath products. Compares to some quality 4 star city hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I recently spent two nights at The Hilton Garden Inn in Dover on business and enjoyed my time there. I had a room to myself so the two queen beds were more than ample. The room had a nice big television and a comfortable leather chair with foot stool to rest in while watching it. You could also turn the tv to watch it from either bed, and even from the shower as I discovered the second morning (of course with the bathroom door open and I'm not sure if all the rooms share those angles allowing this feature). The room had a nice desk with a comfortable chair although I had no need to use either of them. It also had a refridgerator that unfortunately had been turned off so when I went to put some drinks in a bunch of water that had melted from the freezer spilled all over the place. Once I turned it back on though it worked fine.
The hotel seems fairly new and is well kept and clean. It has a fitness center with some free weights a few cardio machines, and a small indoor pool and hot tub. They offer breakfast every morning but it is not included in the room. For $5 you can have cereal, toast, bagels, fresh fruit, etc, and for $9 you can order eggs, pancakes, etc from the kitchen. It is all you can eat, and you can charge it to your room which makes it pretty convenient.
All in all I enjoyed staying at this hotel and would definitely consider staying there again if I ever found myself back in Dover

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2009

A great genuine welcome from front of house on arrival. The room was quiet, spotless and very comfortable (needed after a long flight to Philly and then a drive). I think that it was a staff member by the name of Lynn who introduced us to decent American beer from nearby Milton Brewery at the bar, and then arranged for us to have a Full English Breakfast, She is a credit to the hotel.
Near to Dover Mall, the Speedway, a short drive into Dover Historical centre and the beaches. Yes I know that it's a chain, but the staff and level of cleanliness sure do make this stand out. I'd go back to this hotel in a flash.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank woden666
Highland, NY
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Just checked in tonight and, once again, the staff were wonderful. They have a huge gingerbread house in the lobby- - very pleasant.
The person at the desk, Aiesha I think her name was, has been fabulous.
This place is exceptionally clean with fine food.
I love the Hilton Garden Inn in Dover:)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank natsmom229
Worcestershire England
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights in Oct 09 and were happy overall. We had a lovely room and comfortable beds. The staff were very friendly and helpful, altough housekeeping perhaps needs to sharpen up - we found an old pretzel under the bed and we were not given any new toiletries. Also the microwave (which we didn't use) was rather dusty. We didn't eat breakfast - a bit pricey we thought but there was coffee in the room and we had our own cereal. We would recommend it and would happily return. I suspect we were just a bit unlucky with our maid service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple