“Excellent Facility & Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Dover
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was in Dover on a one day work trip in April. I came in VERY late which was unexpected, and found very pleasant staff, a close room, and great breakfast the next morning. I was delayed getting back on the road to Philly, and stopped in on my way out of town to change and relax for a few minutes before getting on the road in a late winter storm.

I found every thing about this stay to be above par, even for Hilton. Mr. Dave and his staff are some of the best in the business.

Thanks,

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I wondered why it was difficult to book a room in hotels and why the prices were so high- found it was Dover Days, 1st weekend in May. Fortunately, there was a room available at the Hilton Garden inn. I did book a room at the Hilton Garden Inn. The price was higher than their usual rooms but cheaper than neighboring hotels. I found the staff to be particularly friendly and helpful- at checkin and with Sabrina in the morning answering questions about church, directions and breakfast. Breakfast is about $10 including made to order waffles and ommlets. Check your packet when you arrived, you may have paid for B + B or a special with complimentary breakfast. I understand they also serve dinner and have alcoholic beverages Ava liable in the evening. You can also walk across the parking lot to a Bob Evans for all 3 meals. In the room they have a Keurig coffee maker with premium coffee and tea pods as well as a little refrigerator and a microwave. You do have to keep a sharp eye out for the hotel. The address is DuPont highway, but it isn't directly on the highway, it is behind a Wendy's, I almost missed it when I was arriving. I didn't use it but they also had a convenient laundry room on the second floor.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This place is gorgeous. The rooms are huge, the service was fantastic and everything is close by. It's very quiet in the rooms also which is a plus. I've stayed in other hotels in Dover and this by far is the nicest.

The ONLY complaint I have about the hotel is the very spotty/weak wifi. If you can, just use your cell phone as a wifi hotspot since 4G there is pretty strong. Otherwise, bravo to the management and staff for maintaining such a nice, quiet, clean, and friendly place to stay at. This is now the hotel of choice for me in Dover. I strongly recommend everyone to give them a chance! This should be the model hotel for all hotels to follow.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed over night with my family at this hotel and everything was perfect. Great rooms and excellent staff. Breakfast was wonderful with kids meals free. Location is within a short ride to the Dover Downs Casino for those inclined.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The hotel was okay. The staff was not very friendly and the bed was uncomfortable. The internet did not work very well but the rooms were very roomy which was nice. I didn't think it was worth what we paid for.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Joseph C
Dave W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Joseph:
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our guestroom appointment of value of stay. We will keep your comments in mind as we look towards future improvements and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I check in at 11:00 PM. They at first didn't see my RSVP so I went on my phone for the confirmation. After getting up to my room, now close to midnight, the night auditor calls my room and says "why did you take my picture" accusing me of taking his picture when I was checking in! To make it worse he ARGUED WITH ME for 5 minutes until I offered to bring my cellphone down and prove it... To make it worse yet, the next morning the GM defended him saying he sees a lot of crazies (these are your paying customers)?! He also said that this isn't the first time this has happened... "What do you want me to do, apologize?" "Well, I guess I'm sorry, but he sees a lot of things on his shift." After leaving I share this with Hilton, and he calls me on my cell phone and says "I don't understand why you called corporate, I apologized, what did you want me to do?" To top it off, I leave an active sync withings pedometer in my room, GM goes and looks for it before I get back... Surprise surprise not there, but they don't realize it shows clearly on my phone the last active connection was right before I left the hotel. It was obviously in the room when I left.

Morale: Check in early, don't talk to the GM, don't be on your cellphone and beware the night auditor. Or else you'll get harassed and experience the worst customer service ever.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Twolf1929
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I needed to stay overnight for business and did not want to stay at the conference hotel. This was a GREAT option. It was close by the facility, had a lovely lobby and staff. My room view was not great, but I was not there for entertainment. The room was comfortable and quite, food at restaurant was very good and reasonable. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business