“Overrated but good management”

Hilton Garden Inn Dover
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Disclaimer: We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend so the hotel was busy. This appears to be a place where many travelers are either passing through or overflow from the casino. My neighbors were overflow and decided to go to their room at 330 AM and party until sunrise. They were very noisy and the door which separates the rooms must be paper thin because we could hear their entire conversation , which seemed endless. The front desk staff was not helpful over the phone but were very busy texting when I went to complain. We waited 45 mins for our breakfast orders which were not worth the wait, When I did complain to the manager the following Monday, he was very helpful and seemed concerned. I stayed here based on the previous excellent reviews but feel it was far below my expectations. Hope your stay is better than ours. I suppose it is hit or miss..

1  Thank Charles B

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We tried Hilton the Garden Inn in Dover because we couldn't get a reasonable room in Seaford. We had daily business in Seaford and truly didn't mind traveling 45 minutes each way daily. Our stay was for 5 days and it was an enjoyable experience - Room was extremely clean and service was excellent. Lobby staff was courteous and friendly. Will recommend to others.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here as a base to check out Bombay hook. It was a pleasant stay.

The room is comfortable, bedding is nice.
Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They really made a difference to our experience.
For $5 extra, you can get unlimited hot egg dishes. They taste good, and are a very good value.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side. If on the front side, ask for a room away from all the a/c units th...
1  Thank chic2007
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel is situated a little further from the main road than the other hotels in Dover, which was nice; it was a little secluded. My boyfriend and I were traveling between Ocean City and Philadelphia and this hotel was the perfect midway overnight stay. We arrived earlier than we had planned and were given an early check in. The room was very clean and the shampoo and conditioners were nicer than the usual ones you find in a hotel. There was also a fridge and microwave which we really appreciated as we had brought leftovers from dinner that we stored in the fridge and were able to reheat.
For some reason, we were under the impression that there was no breakfast at this hotel. I don't remember where we read that or why I didn't double check. It seemed very odd that a hotel wouldn't offer any breakfast at all. I thought maybe they meant no hot breakfast or something. However, when my boyfriend and I made our way downstairs to check out, we were surprised to find an incredible breakfast set up. There were made to order omelettes and french toast. Belgian waffles and muffins and all kind of food. Beyond even the usual hotel hot breakfasts I've experienced. I'm so glad we decided to check out early, we just made the 10 am breakfast cut off time.
Since it was a one night stay, we didn't really get a chance to check out the other amenities the hotel had to offer, but we really couldn't have picked a better hotel for the one night stay. Clean, comfortable and an amazing breakfast.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stopped at this Hilton Garden Inn for one night on our way home from a week in the Berkshires. It is conveniently located just off exit 104 of Delaware 1, but there could be better signage to assist one in finding it. The hotel sets about a block off US 13 Business, behind an Exxon, but there is no sign directing one to make the correct turn into it. Once we found our way to the hotel we were favorably impressed with the friendliness and responsiveness of the staff and the pleasantness of the common areas. Our room was large, well furnished, and CLEAN. Aside from the cleanliness of the room, I tend to judge a hotel based on the quality of the towels provided and, on this point, the Hilton Garden Inn ranks high. Breakfast was not included in the price of the room, but a full hot breakfast is offered at a reasonable extra cost. The room price for our stay was very competitive. The a/c unit, while thermostatically controlled, was quite noisey. The wi-fi provided was excellent.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm handicap Hilton has the Best Accessible Rooms We Stay at a lot of Hiltons up and down the East coast, and this is one of the better one of the better ones. Everything was very clean, Staff was Great over all a wonderful stay.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I stayed for 2 nights before starting our vacation in Bethany Beach Delaware. The service was excellent from every staff member. Sabrina was on duty for the majority of the time and was exceptional. Service tended to our needs and made sure we were comfortable. We have never stayed at a Hilton before but with service like that it will be an option

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family