“Wonderful stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Dover
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great Location to break up my trip from NY to Virginia. Clean, quiet for my short stay. Made this my stop at 1 am based on previous experiences with the Hilton Garden Brand. Desk staff was very helpful to this tired traveler. Check-in was swift and friendly.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dover for one night on a business trip. The food at the hotel restaurant is great! Very friendly service, clean rooms, good fitness center. As a seasoned business traveler and healthy vegetarian, I rarley come across a hotel where I can have a decent glass of wine, good meal, free internet, get night sleep and excellent workout.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My sister and I stayed at The Hilton Garden Inn in dover over the Thanksgiving holiday.We had stayed somewhere else Wednesday and Thursday night and were moving to the Garden Inn for Friday and Saturday. We have been to Dover many times and have stayed in most of the hotels along Dupont Highway near the Dover Speedway, this was our first time at the Hilton.
We checked in early on Friday after doing some early morning shopping, check in wasn't until 3pm but they had some rooms ready, we had requested first floor ( sister walks with a cane) but there were no rooms ready, the gentleman at the desk said he did have a third floor room ready if we wanted, we agreed, which I'm glad we did, the first floor which has the pool on it has a chlorine smell which would have irritated my asthma, so the 3rd floor was great, room 305 which was right by the elevator. The room was beautiful and quite spacious.The bathroom was spotless and well lit.Lots of counter space in the bathroom. We had a refrigerator and microwave which was great. The beds were fabulous, they were sleep number so we could adjust the firmness if we needed to.The towels were so soft and smelled great. Most hotels towels are not soft, these were baby soft. The staff was wonderful,everytime we passed the front desk we were greeted with a smile and a hello.IThe lobby is very warm and inviting so when you walk in after a busy day of shopping it was like coming home.We throughly enjoyed our stay and since we go to Dover often we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room on the third floor was great. Only Staurday morning did we hear noise from the people abov...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank delana29
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went on a business trip in Delaware and stayed at the Hilton Gardens Inn, in dover. I was very happy with this hotel!! They have a great pool and jacuzzi, as well as a work out area, albeit a small one, but enough to sweat in!! The restaurant in the hotel was great and the people that work there were very nice. The price seemed a lot cheaper than any other Hiltons ive stayed in, but i didnt seem to mind that....Its a Hotel I would definately recommend!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank edward l
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is a nice clean well-maintained facility. The service staff is professional and friendly. Unfortunately, if you get there at 9pm or later, the dining options are very limited. The restaurant closes early, and you must drive to the casino Dover Downs to eat or Shuckers nearby.

It would be nice if they could keep the bar and some light snacks available for people arriving from NYC after a grueling drive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We planned a one night trip to Delaware, planning on hitting the casino and doing some shopping without paying the taxes that are charged in the Peoples Socialist Republic of Maryland. I chose this hotel because it had an indoor pool and hot tub.

We upgraded to what they call the Jr Suite, which was well worth the extra few dollars. The room was clean and comfortable. The only problem was the fact than when we arrived, we found that the room was left unlocked. Apparently the cleaning crew had propped open the door and when they finished they never re-secured the room.

This was not a really big problem for me, I had my wife remain in the hallway while I checked to ensure the room was empty. When I mentioned it to the front desk, both that afternoon and the next morning, they did not consider it to be a problem. I consider any potential security issue to be a problem especially if it was a female traveling alone or with children. This issue is the reason that I only rate this hotel as Very Good as opposed to excellent.

The hot tub was great, the pool was small but serviceable, if a bit cold. The room itself had some issues with heat distribution, the sitting area was comfortable, but the bedroom area was cold. When the thermostat was set up from 70 to 73 degrees, the bedroom area then became very hot, to the point we had to lower it back to 70 in the middle of the night.

All in all this was an enjoyable stay, and we are likely to return when we visit the area again,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mike4511
Reviewed October 31, 2012

A return trip to this property. I found the room accommadating (typical HGI). The bed was comfortable, HVAC worked well and the room was quiet. The breakfast offered a little less than other HGI properties, but still has cooked to order eggs. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only issue during my stay was the internet speed. I can only get DSL at home, and the internet service during my stay was much slower than the DSL.

Room Tip: The back side of the property would be my choice
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business