“if Home Were As Mighty Fine, Travel I Would Not”

Hilton Garden Inn Dover
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed April 7, 2012

the people are fabulous, helpful and make each visit a special one. I feel like one of the family when I visit. the chef, Sam, and the evening staff at the desk are super as well. the breakfast is warm and ready to be enjoyed. the rooms are warm when you arrive and always fully stocked with toiletries. I look no further when I am in the area even paying slightly more than other hotels nearby to get this great service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank joaquinriner
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Dover

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I was slightly underwelmed with the service. A group of us from various parts of NJ, PA & MD booked rooms for a weekend get together. Check in was @ 4pm, none of our rooms were ready until after 5pm, some not ready until after 6pm. Jaime @ the front desk was nice enough offering excuses on why the rooms where not ready. None of us in our party made our 6pm reservations with other friends and had to make alternative dining arrangements.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Very nice hotel. Large room and bathroom. Checked in around 11:30pm and was in room in 5 minutes. Breakfast is between 7-11am. Nice cold water bottle upon arrival.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank gopher69
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed Saturday night, March 10th. After getting home I realized I left my phone charger in the room. I called and reached the front desk gentleman named Akeem. He said he would go up to the room we had stayed in and I was to call back in 5 minutes. I called back and he had it, took my address, and said he'd have it mailed to me! THANK YOU AKEEM!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank navymom4
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Our room was very comfortable and convenient to parking area. Hotel location was convenient to shopping and casino and close to family. Unfortunately, we never made it out in time for breakfast - but maybe next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrequentTravelerDhb
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed in Room 223-King bed and it was a great room that was very clean. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room was outfitted with a large bathroom, closet, mini refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker, flat screen TV, desk, etc. The heating unit worked superbly and was quiet. Cookies in the lobby are a nice touch, and are super delicious! The Front Desk staff was very gracious, welcoming and efficient. Check in and out were very smooth! Housekeeping staff encountered in the morning was very pleasant. There is a small bar and restaurant in the lobby. Staff was friendly, but service was a bit slow.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor to be away from the fitness center, pool, and hot tub which are located on th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love2Travel004
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Jamie at the front desk let me his personal phone charger; the chef came to my table to check on my dinner and offer cheesecake;the bartender was great!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business