“Wonderful everything!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Dover, Delaware
“Wonderful everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I live in Dover and on one of the coldest days of the year my heater at home stopped working. I went to Mainstay because it is near my workplace and they were wonderful. Check in was easy, the room was great. I was surprised how big the rooms were. I ended up staying 2 days while my heater was being repaired. I did not want to go home because I was so comfortable there. The staff were excellent, the room was clean and asked every time I went in or out if I was enjoying my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MainStay S, Guest Relations Manager at Mainstay Suites Dover, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey and all of your comments. Customer service and cleanliness are just two factors that we strive give 110% in. It is wonderful to know that we are doing a good job.

Thank you for your business, please come again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Homer, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was our second visit to the Mainstay. We first were drawn to it as it is truly "pet friendly" unlike some hotels that claim to be, then charge exorbitant fees or deposits. Our room was clean and the staff are friendly, pleasant and helpful. When we arrived, our room was getting some routine maintenance done, but the desk staff quickly accommodated a re-location to another room. I asked for a quiet location, and it was. The pool area was clean and welcoming. Breakfast was average for a continental included in the room rate. My only complaint was that their was a tremendous draft around the wall air conditioner unit. Had it not been exceptionally cold when we stayed, this might not have been too big a deal, and not enough to complain about. We will be visiting Dover again in March, and plan to stay here again. Until I read the reviews, I didn't know a Jacuzzi was available; think I'll see if I can reserve a room with one!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to know that our pet friendliness was a benefit for you during your travels.

We look forward to your next visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

While visiting the Dover, Delaware area January 18th - 20th, my husband and I stayed at the Mainstay Suites. When we arrived my room had been upgraded by the manager. Check-in was quick. The room was very nice with a jacquzzi and shower in the room. Whatever we needed, it was handled within ten minutes. Staff was very accommodating and sincere in wanting us to have a pleasant stay. I cooked in my room so I didn't get to experience the hot breakfast in the lobby area; but it smelled good. This is a good place to stay if you have children and budget wise. It was cold out so I would rather not have to go out into the evening to a restaurant when I had the comfort of the hotel. Full size refrigerator, a nice size microwave, and two burner stovetop. Free wifi and 32 inch flat screen tv! I enjoyed my two days of going shopping in the morning and coming back and relaxing the rest of evening. Lots of shops within 10 minutes of hotel. Nice pleasure trip!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MainStay S, Guest Relations Manager at Mainstay Suites Dover, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. I have shared all of your comments with our staff. They were delighted.

Thanks again. We hope to see you the next time that you are in the Dover area.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel too many times to count over the past couple years. The kitchen is fantastic! Love the big fridge and stove-top that lets me cook a healthy meal on my longer visits. My rooms have always been clean and comfortable, and the staff is terrific. They are happy to help me fax a document, copy something, or find a good restaurant. I highly recommend this Mainstay to all my coworkers and anyone who is looking for a nice place to stay in central Delaware - it is right off of SR 1. Great value, outstanding service - I couldn't say it any better!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MainStay S, Guest Relations Manager at Mainstay Suites Dover, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. It helps us know what we are doing right.

We appreciate your business and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Thanks again!
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Booked 5 rooms for a group of us to celebrate New Years........close to the venue. Ladies at the front desk went out of their way to make us all feel welcome. Our rooms were clean, spacious and each one was different in the layout. Very quiet, very comfortable!

Room Tip: We have stayed twice now. Each room is different and worth every penny!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MainStay S, Guest Relations Manager at Mainstay Suites Dover, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking our survey. It's always good to know that we are doing a great job! I will share your comments with my staff.

Thanks again! We look forward to your next visit.
Warwick, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked a room for my Mom and Dad who live in Virginia
They were traveling to upstate New York. I spoke to a woman named Ashley at this hotel several time to make the arrangements for my parents. Ashley was very pleasant on the phone and went out of her way to make sure that everything went smoothly when my parents arrived. My parents called me to tell me how nice everyone was to them there and that the room was very clean and nice.
Thank you for making their stay a good one! Especially thank you Ashley for a flawless experience.
Christy Rowe

Room Tip: great whirlpool tub with jets :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MainStay S, Guest Relations Manager at Mainstay Suites Dover, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey about your recent stay.

Taking the time out to share your kinds words about you and your parents experience while visiting MainStay Suites is extremely helpful to other travellers.

We look forward to your next visit to Dover. Thank you.