“Caesar Rodney High School 1954 Class Reunion”

Festival Buffet at Dover Downs
Ranked #30 of 203 Restaurants in Dover
Reviewed September 28, 2013

As time passes, my husband's class is having a reunion each year, and this year Rachel Ann, the 'Mover and Shaker' that has taken on the task of planning, organizing and hosting the event out did herself. She does a remarable job each year, and this year at the Dover Downs Buffet, we had Valet Parking, Good Food, Pleasant Conversation and Lots of Laughs.
I know that she is already working on the 2014 Reunion and it will match any of the previous years.
I am only married to one of these schoolmates, but I thoroughly enjoy our trip from hot Texas to Delaware on the verge of Autumn, as well as enjoying the company of many of his class mates.
We will return to Delaware any fall for some of the nicest weather, greatest local seafood and this High School Reunion as long as the class continues this practice.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate here after spending time in the Casino. It was okay, some things were over cooked, like the snow crab. The peel and eat shrimp were not super fresh.

The barbecued chicken was good as were some of the Caribbean dishes. We sat by the windows looking out over the tracks. Price was a bit high compared to other buffets at casinos. Service was sub average, we paid and then waited for a long awkward period of time to be seated by a hostess. At the Wok station one of the employees had to tell someone to wait on us, and it was not super busy as we were eating early. During dinner there were many times my glass did not have any drink it and it took effort to get the wait staff's attention. Not sure that we would visit again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Diverse, good quality, reasonably priced. Great variety of foods - even my picky 14 year old liked it!

1  Thank Recruiter2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had read some bad reviews however I believe the buffets have been revamped. I found both the dinner buffet and breakfast buffet to be very good and both very reasonable in price. Very large selections, everything I had was fresh and tasty. Waiters and waitresses very good and friendly..I have eaten in vegas and reno buffets and found this beffet to be comparable. There will always be something you take that isnt your favorite, just set it aside and get something else, its a buffet. I thought it was very good.

1  Thank smrbrz56
Reviewed August 4, 2013

First impression, we were served a 15 min. wait to be seated for party of 7. Usually wouldn't have aproblem with this, but when we were finally seated, we were in a room that was only half full with tables that could have easily accommodated us. Then it took another 10 mins. for the waitress to even acknowledge us, and almost another 10 to get our drinks. And forget refills, as she never came back to check on us. I'm not a service snob by any stretch of the imagination, but this was ridiculous. It's a buffet, why can't we just get our own beverages and refills? Would have made things easier. The quality of the food was horrid, dry this, dry that, odd concoctions (bacon and onion mac & cheese?). Add the fact that the stations were extremely messy with food strewn all over the place and dirty to the touch serving utensil handles that made you shudder at the thought of what may be catching a ride on your plate and hands. Hand sanitizer for all upon return to table was in order. I'm no food snob either, doesn't take much to impress me. This buffet, for a casino, was no better than some franchise buffet out on the highway...think Golden Corral. And the price you pay makes it even less so. I have been to 3 different casino buffets in 2 different States and those were absolutely superb! Those felt as though you were fine dining with a quality of food to match. About the only thing, save for the crab legs, that was of reasonable quality for the non-seafood crowd, was the NY Strip steak which they were out of and had to wait for each of my three trips. Probably because everybody had the same thought I did, nothing else was worth space in your stomach. Needless to say we will never try this buffet again.

1  Thank thepiratemorgan