“Crab Cakes and Land and Sea Buffet”
Review of Chops Grille at the Sheraton - CLOSED

Chops Grille at the Sheraton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for an incredible dining experience, look no further than Chops Grille. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a relaxed and comfortable environment, Chops Grille is the perfect place to entertain friends or clients.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife ordered off of the menu, and ordered the Crab Cakes ($27.00) they were very good, in a light lemon sauce. I looked at the Land and Sea Buffet, which was very limited in offerings, however, it was all I would of picked on a bigger buffet ($27.00) For your information, there was a Salad Station, which I passed on (it looked good, however, I was more interested in the main courses) Soup (Cream of Asparagus - very tasty) On the Buffet, there was Clams Casino (I've never had these before, and I enjoyed them), Chicken Marcela (nothing special about this dish) Snow Crab Legs (they were average in size, and definitely not over cooked like a lot of the buffets serve) There was a carving station with Prime Rib, (which was very good, very juicy and a good flavor) a raw bar area with Oysters and Clams - these were also very good. Finally they had a Dessert area with 5 or 6 different items.

Our Server Alex was very attentive and always with a smile, she even introduced us to Willie one of the Chefs, who we have known from other restaurants in the area (You must try his Banana's Foster!)

The restaurant's decor is definitely upscale - from what we saw very clean.

Kimberly B, Guest Relations Manager at Chops Grille at the Sheraton, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed dining with us at Chops Grille! A guest's comments are very important to us! We will be sure to pass along your great comments to Willie and Alex! Please come back and dine with us again soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went to The Sheraton for the Land and Sea Buffet last night. Our waitress Laura was very sweet and took good care of us. Went out of her way to give us good service. Buffet was awesome. We had a very nice time and LOVED the Prime Rib. Definately stopping here on our way home from DC !

Kimberly B, Guest Relations Manager at Chops Grille at the Sheraton, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

We truly appreciate your great comments! It is so wonderfu to hear how you enjoyed your recent dining experience at Chops Grille! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Laura. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had the good fortune to take our son for Christmas Eve dinner at Chops, our first outing there. It was way beyond our expectations. The ambience, the service and particularly the food were the best we've experienced in our twelve years in Dover. When we booked a New Year's Eve dinner, it was every bit as good; even though the restaurant was full, everything was exceptional. Personal attention from our chef was especially appreciated. Chops in the Sheraton is our new favorite place to dine out.

Kimberly B, Guest Relations Manager at Chops Grille at the Sheraton, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

From everyone at Chops Grille and the Sheraton Dover Hotel....THANK YOU!! We are so pleased to hear that your Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve dining experience was wonderful! We love to hear feedback from our guests and know that everything was up to their expectations. We strive to make every guest happy and it is so great to hear we did just that! Please come and dine with us again soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I guess when only 2 other people are in a restaurant for lunch, it's a good indication that you should go somewhere else! Nevertheless, we stayed. My first mistake. The next mistake was ordering the fried shrimp. They were without a doubt, the WORST fried shrimp I have EVER had!!! The breading was so thick that the shrimp were indistinguishable. When I peeled off the breading, the shrimp could only be described as tiny. In fact the nail on my little finger was bigger than these shrimp. Not only were they small they were so overcooked they were inedible. When I complained about them I was told they were sorry, but they had a new vendor......Well try making them fresh instead of relying on a "new vendor". I know it's really hard to dredge a few shrimp thru panko or flour and do them from scratch, when the place is so busy with 2 other dinners. At this rate they won't need to worry about new vendors, because no one will want to eat there.

Kimberly B, Guest Relations Manager at Chops Grille at the Sheraton, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your most recent dining experience in Chops Grille. We want to sincerely apologize that your lunch was not satisfactory to you. I can assure you that this will be addressed and we do hope that you will give us another try.