“Used to live near Dover; went here often as I could!”
Review of Flavor of India

Flavor of India
Ranked #6 of 197 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This restaurant helped start my love of Indian food-I'd never tried it until I came here. The food is wonderful-flavorful and plentiful at a reasonable price. You can get it made as spicy (or not) as you prefer. Service is good. Lots of delicious vegetarian entrees; I especially liked the Palak Paneer (spinach with paneer). I don't get back to Delaware often, but when I do I make sure I get to Flavor of India!

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I go to this restaurant at least 20 times a year. It is amazing. The food is divine. The service is fantastic. I have come to know the great man who runs this fantastic restaurant. The buffet is plentiful and delicious. The dinner is even better. I couldn't think of a better place to go when your Hungary or for a nice evening out. I recommend this place to everyone who comes to Dover.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband & I tried this place based on reviews and we were not disappointed. I agree the place from the outside does look like a dump but inside was nice and clean. We had the lunch buffet and were really impressed with the amount of vegatarian items. My husband is Vegan and I'm vegatarian and we had plenty to choose from. The Dal Maharani, Vegetable Korma, Alou Gujar Mattes, and Palak Paneer were all wonderful. I wish we lived in the area because we would be here at least once a week. If you like Indian, you'll love this place. Note: it's in front of the Super 8 hotel use the same entrance to get to the parking lot and resturant.

1  Thank PurpleLady2
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The menu selection was outstanding and the service was very attentive. The big drawback was the cleanliness of the restaurant. The walls appeared dirty and the carpet has seen better days. The plates they had on our table had grease prints all along the edges and the silverware was spotty. It made me wonder the condition of the kitchen. I didn't dare enter the restroom. We ordered puri bread which came sitting in a small pool of oil. Yuck!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

While driving down to the Eastern Shore of Virginia from Massachusetts, we found the restaurant on my husband's GPS. When we pulled into the parking lot, we both looked at each other and had second thoughts. The awning was falling down and dripping with rain water, there was construction going on in the adjacent building, and it just had a very unkempt appearance. We read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to take a chance. We were not disappointed. On the way in I spoke to two local ladies who eat there all the time. The interior was clean, we were greeted and seated right away, and we were surprised at how busy it was for a Monday lunchtime. I think everyone in there had the buffet.

The buffet is divided into 3 sections- one meat, one vegetarian, and a center section with appetizers, 6 sauces/ chutneys, fresh fruit, green salad, a yoghurt salad and 2 desserts.
The vegetarian side had 4 vegetable curries, 2 hot vegetable sautéed dishes, and pakoras.

The meat side had 3 meat curries (1 lamb and 2 chicken), one tandoori-style chicken, and one chili-chicken (kind of a spice rub).

Naan bread was included; (you ordered it when you sat down and the staff brings it over to you.)

All the food ranged from excellent to very good. My husband found the chicken tikka masala a bit too rich for his taste, but that is just his preference. The only vegetarian item that I felt was less that excellent was the pakora. I know it is hard to keep them warm on a buffet table. It might be better to just bring them out with the naan bread if possible. Also, I loved the naan bread, but hubby thought it was too thin; again, personal preference. It was very fresh and tasty.

4  Thank JLMom777

Been to Flavor of India? Share your experiences!