“Great food, inconsistent service”
Review of Ichiban - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ichiban
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our meals were fantastic... well prepared and presented, and I felt the price was consistent with the quality. Be both polished our plates... the food is THAT good. However, they ought to be a bit more careful with their hiring; the one girl there, while friendly and very polite, barely spoke any English at all. In a position other than the service industry (especially in a NASCAR town) that wouldn't be important, but it made her job that much more difficult. She tried very hard, but she got orders mixed up between her three tables, put the wrong items in to the cook for one of them, and delivered one of our entrees before the appetizer.
We would still go back if we were in town again, but the owner needs to be a bit more selective.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Nice decor, good food and friendly staff but on more than one occasion, I've planned on going and they were closed during normal business hours. I think they close the whole place for family vacation and things like that. So it's probably a good idea to call and make sure they're open before you go.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was a little hesitant to eat here, because every time I drive by this place I never see a soul there and that's not usually a good sign. But I wanted sushi, it was a Monday, and Yukon was closed; there was NO WAY I was giving Hibachi my money again, and I was too tired to drive to Rice, so I thought, what the heck. I was pleasantly surprised! They had a nice selection of rolls, the sushi was fresh and delicious, the restaurant was clean and well-kept, and not overpriced at all. Now that I've eaten there, I'm not sure why it always seems so empty - but overall, my experience was very good. I would eat there again!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have searched the internet & tried making several "copy cat" dressing recipes & nothing comes close. They do sell their dressing in small & large containers. I go in and order the small for $3 and that's enough for about 4 decent size salads that you make at home. As far as the dinner entrees, I usually get the negimaki which is green onions wrapped in steak and grilled (YUM!). Since I'm not a sushi fan this is the only thing on the menu that I like and I've tried several dishes. Now my husband & daughter love sushi so when they get to pick the restaurant, this is where they want to go. They say it's the best sushi in Dover. Warning, they have hard wood booths with NO cushions. Very uncomfortable. The prices are a little on the expensive side. Lemme know if you thought this review was helpful by clicking the YES button below. Thank you for reading!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Down the road from Dover Downs. Entertaining service, cooked right in front of you. Decent selection of seafood and beef

Good place to take the kids.