“I was not impressed”

Ranked #104 of 203 Restaurants in Dover
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 26, 2009

My spouse bragged and bragged about this restaurant being so good. We went once and I've not been back. We were first sat on the bar side which was loud and I asked to be moved. If I wanted to be in a bar we would have gone to a bar!! We both ordered steaks and shrimp and let me just say this was one of the worse steaks I've had. Though the server was friendly, I think she was a bit shocked when asking how our dinner was and I told her what I thought of the food and restaurant. For the price you pay thinking you are getting good quality meal at a well talked about restaurant, I went, I ate, I was not impressed.

3  Thank Will_Elsie

Reviewed August 2, 2009

If I were the chef, I would do less with the "fancy" presentation and do more about the fish being served. Good enough to recommend, but I think it could be much more.

Reviewed May 24, 2009

I hadn't been to Shuckers in a few years - the last time I was there I said never again, and my latest meal confirmed that to have gone against that plan was a mistake.

It took over 20 minutes after being seated to have a drink order taken - but we weren't surprised as we heard other tables talking to their waitresses about having been seated and the waitress not being advised that it was her table.

The food was terrible - anything fried was soggy, sauteed may as well have been deep fried, and broiled scallops and shrimp were over-cooked to the point of rubber.

Never again - and please, if I make this mistake again 5 years from now - if you see me, stop me!

3  Thank Bigguy425
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Granted it was a very busy evening, but my husband and I were not impressed with our decision to dine here for seafood. First, the service was not very good. No personality, no smile, no acknowledgment...just blah...and I'm usually a patient and tolerating person. The waitress practically threw the food on our table and walked away. I was using all the right "magic words" when speaking to her, but she was just plain rude. Then, our food came...no flavor! Seemed the stuffed mushrooms were just stuffed with plain canned crab (which if prepared properly can be tasty) and the entrees were blah, as well. I noticed that other patrons had ordered all of the fried seafood platters, which may be were we went wrong. Maybe the fried stuff was better than the grilled fish and pastas we had. Very disappointing. The only thing going for them is the price.

2  Thank hammer91b
Reviewed March 14, 2009

Very good food and very cost efficient. For the best value go at lunch. A huge delicious salad or ahi tuna plate is very inexpensive. Any of the lunch meals are cheap and very fine cuisine. Well known and well established restaurant.

Been to Shucker's Pier 13? Share your experiences!