“Great food & service at a good price, but needs a facelift”
Review of Shucker's Pier 13

Shucker's Pier 13
Ranked #102 of 203 Restaurants in Dover
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Great seafood! Reasonably priced for what we had -- shrimp & soft-shell crab -- yum! Server was delightful. Dining area looks worn down and a little dirty :( if you're fussy. Otherwise, no complaints, would eat again.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Horrid, I feel like a sucker after eating Shuckers. Fish was NOT fresh as promised by server. Awful room with an old rug on the floor. Tip to fish restaurant owners BUY FRESH fish every day, and NO RUGS. Watch the food network for god sakes. Shuckers is a joke, bad food, clueless staff, lousy chef. I just had a lame piece of farm raised salmon..they should have "sucker" on the menu.

2  Thank T2much
Reviewed May 7, 2011

My companion and I had lunch today at Shucker's. I had the fried fish dinner and she had the fried fish sandwich. The only difference is that you get two pieces of fish with the dinner. Each came with one side (The dinner should have come with two sides) and I had the side salad as well.

Needles to say, we both really enjoy the fried fish. It is a nice piece of fish, well prepared. The sides are always well prepared and taste great. Oh, try the grilled vegetables as your side, Outstanding!!! Service was excellent. The only other downside other then the absence of two sides, was the presentation. The plating could have been made a litter more eye appealing. But the food is so good, we will forgive the chef this time.

At bottom, if your in town next week for the NASCAR race in Dover, Shucker's is a must stop for your dining pleasure.

Reviewed December 16, 2010

My mom and I decided to try this place out for a quick lunch after Christmas shopping. Would have missed out if I had read some of the other reviews first, but we were very happy with our experience there. There's quite a selection for lunch, and the portions were very generous, considering the prices are so cheap. I had the pan-fried cod, and my mom got the grilled chicken caesar. Both were beautifully presented and you could tell that it was fresh. Our waitress was very professional and sweet, tended to all of our needs, and one of the other servers grabbed my empty plate as soon as I finished eating. Didn't have time or room for dessert, but they taunted me as I walked by the case...will have to try one next time. The interior needs a little updating, but everything was clean and neat, and the decorations were festive. I will definitely go there again, and bring the rest of the family for dinner.

Reviewed December 7, 2010

12/04/10 group of 20 came in to find out bath rooms not working...had to ask for butter,child seat, food wasnt much to talk about,and dont get crab dip, its 2 three inch muffins you rip apart nothing to dip ! when asked if they can stay open legaly ? they said go next door to Mcdonalds to use bath room just walk through the hedges...real nice for mom in wheel chair...when manager was asked to comp. meal alittle , they refused ...didnt even come to table to say sorry...the idoit in our party that set this up agreed to a 18% tip..while we were paying dutch!!! when I complained to waitress SHE got pissed off and said i only make 2 dollars an hour and your trying to take my money away..I figured she made about 45 dollar an hour off this group,and why are u still pileing poeple in with no working bathrooms and it not legal...and I will call health dept. they said go ahead call who u want!!! so i did ! they agreed the place should have been shut down till repairs are made!!! under investigation...they kept pileing poeple in, go ahead u eat there sounds SAFE, dont it , nice warm service to boot.

1  Thank gene48_10

Been to Shucker's Pier 13? Share your experiences!